senna_T

• 5 weeks later...
  • Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

I'm going to buy some 17 inch road rims and turn it into a super motard :asciidity:

something like this

foM5sTO.jpg

Edited by bloodycrashboy
  • Haha 1

I have been looking for a while at something to commute to work on cos I'm getting sick of all the retards on the drive home

going to work is fine, I leave home at 5:30 am and the traffic is quite light

the drive home on the other hand is sometimes excruciating

I considered riding my Ducati to work but don't want it sitting out in the sun all day long, being a 2007 model it would rapidly deteriorate in a serious way

this bike is far from practical but I've been watching a heap of supermoto vids and I've caught the bug

service intervals are the killer

looks like I will be changing the oil around once a month and checking the valve clearance every other month if I ride it every day

but no biggie, it only holds 1.5 liters so not a huge cost, just an inconvenience and valves are easy access  

it's really going to be a bit of a toy/hoon mobile and probably only use it 50% of the time

another reason I went down this path is when we buy our property on the tablelands, I will swap out the road rims and put the dirt rims back in

I picked it up Thursday :original: 

CDofJPJ.jpg

2 hours ago, violetpop said:

Most fun I've had on any bike has been my motard.

what size rear rim do you run and what size tyre ?

• Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d
I ran a couple of different combos but the one on the bike now is best 4.25 inch rim with a 150/60 tyre. You could stretch a 160 on easy if you find a 'package deal combo' 120/160 for cheap.

The cast cbr wheels I got cheap and turned up some spacers to make fit, they were a 4.00 inch rear but I spooned on one of my old 160 race tyres and it worked but was a little bulky on the rim. Didnt give me any traction issues though.

Got a few mates who run race tards and go for 5 inch with 160 but not necessary for street traction in my opinion and chain rub will happen.091c7256b8bc45628abe0f596cb07fb9.jpg42ef82b1eca1ebac64ef66fd15d69bd1.jpg1b2b6f66bb41d0e5b30356d03d258bf5.jpg
  • Like 1

got a mate with a 510 husky

he runs a 4.25 with a 160

he has about 12mm of clearance at the chain/tyre 

I was looking at a 5 inch but think I will go with the 4.25

the same seller has 4.5 rears but is out of stock

would have to wait a couple of months and can't wait cos big kid :aaggl:

edit:  also going to get a cush drive rear hub for friendliness to the gearbox/countershaft 

Edited by bloodycrashboy

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 20d
You're right mate, it really depends on the tyre, some 160's are fat some are skinny. All the 160 pirellis in ran were really tell never has any issues.

Good call on the cush drive.. What you thinking gearing wise? I ran 15/44 road and 14/47 dirt/kart track. The 15/44 kept the bike very civil on a stretch of 80kmh road I had on the commute so stuck with it.