senna_T

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d
On 5/22/2016 at 9:18 AM, Boganspeed said:

Got my engine back, threw it back in the bike and will finish off the install today. 

Now I just need to make a final version of the battery/cdi box at the front and it's about ready to get the new wiring harness made.

OZHhhmU.jpg

Those wheels get me errytime! @-Stever- you really should have painted your calipers this colour...

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 8m 12d
On 5/12/2016 at 9:34 AM, .Stripes. said:

Lounge room has theatre system, my recording studio gear...and a f*cking treadmill in it. So no chance. Plus whoever designed and built the f*cking house was borderline retarded...getting anything in or out of the house that's larger than a backpack is a mission!

It should be a legal requirement of every house design that all doorways, openings, etc, should be at least the width of a set of dirt bike handlebars.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 21d

Rito as much as I hate to admit it, I accidently put the R1 down the other night. Got a big too excited on a backroad at night and came into a corner a bit too hot and put it into a ditch (im alright apart from a few scratches and bruises). Its scuffed up the rear swing arm, the LH fairing is badly damaged, front nose cone crack, engine cover badly scratched but not cracked. Just wondering if I contacted insurance to have this assessed would it be a write off or would they repair it do you rekon? Its a 2010 R1. Thanks Guys

• Member For: 15y 8m 12d
18 minutes ago, matt036 said:

Rito as much as I hate to admit it, I accidently put the R1 down the other night. Got a big too excited on a backroad at night and came into a corner a bit too hot and put it into a ditch (im alright apart from a few scratches and bruises). Its scuffed up the rear swing arm, the LH fairing is badly damaged, front nose cone crack, engine cover badly scratched but not cracked. Just wondering if I contacted insurance to have this assessed would it be a write off or would they repair it do you rekon? Its a 2010 R1. Thanks Guys

The price of parts will probably make it a write-off.  Depends on the value of the bike (eg age).

Look up one of the spare parts web sites and get a few prices on individual parts (eg swingarm).  It adds up pretty quickly.

eg  http://www.wimmeramotorcycle.com.au/yamaha.php

If you're inclined to fix it then negotiate that with the insurance company.  A secondhand swing arm can be found easily enough, the nose cone can be plastic welded and a fairing and engine sidecover found somewhere (ie US if not available here).  

• 3 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

If you want to post spoilers, just do it with <<spoilers>> on top and bottom of the text and make the text white so it is viewable via highlighting only (too bad for tapafark'ers)

like so ->

<<spoilers>>

This is a spoiler!

<<end-spoilers>>