senna_T

• Member For: 13y 5m 7d

Some guys did a test on the Pirelli Angels at the main track I race at and they got a very big wrap.

Pat those slicks are wearing very well for me, I was using Diablo Super Corsa SC`s and crucified them after one meeting, but those Diablo Superbike tyres have atleast one more meeting in them after 2 rounds of the Southern Downs Series.

Which surprised me. Nothing to do with you application but just sayin`.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Mickus, can't say I've tried that on the bike yet, getting curious though...

John, will look into the angels but I can see the point of keeping the same on the front and rear

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

Cheers for that, but I'm worried about going too hard too soon, I haven't been riding for 2 months yet!

Over confidence can be a bad thing...lol

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

Yeah I always go soft on the front. A battleax will do the job great.

You'll lever the tyre off the ground with the under carriage before you run out of cornering grip and the Hyo brakes won't present any challenges for it.

I go through two and a half to three rear tyres to each front so a soft front will easily last the time you'll own the bike.

Edited by Boganspeed
  • Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Just take it easy when you first get a new tyre.

The shop will probably warn you when you get it, but they are really slippery until scrubbed in - especially if the road's a bit wet.

• Like 2

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

Good point Raband, I recently saw a guy ride out of a dealer on his brand spanking new speed triple and nearly high side it as he peeled to the right out onto the road and opened the throttle just a touch.

I have no doubt he would have bruised plums from that little episode.

Senna T, order of the day with a new tyre is to gradually weave side to side a little more each time to scrub the tyre surface in and remove the preserving compound off it.

Once you've done a little weaving then just lean a little more on each bend until you've got as much of the surface scrubbed in as you can use on the bike.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 3d

Main thing I love about sports bikes is the only thing you have to do is set the suspension up to your liking and hit the track and go for it . And the only thing you can blame for being slow is your lack of ability. I find them so much more rewarding then driving a car.

When I think about the car I think what can I do to make it faster but with the bike I think how can I improve myself to make me a quicker rider.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

Got the piglet serviced today, fitted the new front tyre too, ended up with Pirelli Angel ST, feels good so far! Clean bill of health on the rest of the bike so I'll have to get back to scraping pegs until the next service!

• Like 1