Coolant In An Fg F6

NVT

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 14d

Hello Gents,

I'm hoping to change the coolant in my FG F6 this weekend. I've read through the forums and I understand the initial 'coolant' fill is some sort of 50/50 coolant/water.

It's gone brown and crappy and the car runs a little hotter than it should.

From what I read, apparently Techtaloy 90+ is a good choice but I don't know if it's the same for an FG as opposed to the B-series cars (Which the thread related to). What's the best coolant that I can get from repco or supercheap?

I changed the coolant in my BA XR6T a few months ago and I'm assuming it's similar with the F series - Can anyone tell me if it's any different? Anything to note or look out for?

From memory is it roughly - Add coolant flush and follow directions, wait for car to cool, drain with radiator plug, rinse through system when block is cold and run car with heater on for a minute or two, redrain then add new coolant, run car until fluid is pulled through system and top up accordingly.

Thanks guys,

Dan

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 30d

I ran radiator flush in mine for the required time as per the bottle (Nulon). Then flushed the system with a hose, ran it till the car was up to temp, flushed it pulling the radiator plug once it had cooled down, then refilled with 50/50 red nulon coolant, run the car with heater on flat out and made sure it was up to the max level in the reservoir, gave it a few revs to get rid of any air locks while the reservoir cap was off and filled it back up to the max level.

Job done !

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 12d

yea pretty much as above. I flushed mine with a hose then refilled with supercheap green nulon premixed stuff. works well and kept its colour up until I sold it.