Hdi Intercooler Kits

Azid

• Member For: 11y 20d

Ive installed a HDi cooler to my FG F6 recently and I believe that they are good for the price atm... got mine for $640 delivered. The only gripe is that the cold side piping interferes with my CAI and apparently they are not compatible with the battery relocation kits on the market.

This cooler should suit my driving habbits I hope. But if this cooler was full price I would have gone for the Process West or Nizpro units.

Really depends on you, funds to spend vs driving style vs desired consistent power level and also environmental conditions.

Cheers

Adam

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 30d

I thought ba/bf cooloers ran the same side cooler ends? ive always known that you put a cooler on and most mods before tuning ??

• Member For: 11y 10m 23d

and yes you can tune after all the hardware goes on as well that is for custom tune .

most of the flash tuning device are using preset parament for most of the car therefore. you can remove lots of limiter before putting the intercooler kit in too .

Really struggling to make much sense of this. Is it just me??

• Member For: 11y 10m 23d

While an Inter-cooler would work sometimes without re-tuning, I would Imagine it can make an engine run leaner.

Wouldn't a more free flowing inter-cooler allow the turbo to flow more air at the same boost in some cases and therefore

for cars using a MAP Sensor, the ECU does not know of this change at the same PSI.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m 25d

I fitted the gt2 (daughters birthday pressy) to my BA S2 the only problem was the upper mounts for the condensor otherwise fitted well and I'm an average mechanical ability .

Had to open the front of the air box (spare one) as said it blocks off the CAI and use a stepped pipe (PVC) to the CAI .

As for drive ability it appears that it by the seat of my pants quicker but I do need a custom tune as this is my first turbo but I think it is over boosting as I drive up the mountains every day and the traction light comes on.

I may be wrong but I don't think it is loosing traction as I'm over 50 years old and I know what spinning wheels are.

Just my thoughts.