Fitting A Barra I6T To Another Vehicle

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 7d

Once the security is disabled, you probably don't need much other than the engine and ECU from an electronics perspective. Bolting the thing up is a different story.

This thread has some useful info on the specifics of configuring a factory ECU to run the engine without any associated security stuff or the ABS module. Probably more detail than you need (goes into specific changes to ECU parameters) but useful reading nonetheless.

https://forum.pcmtec.com/index.php?/topic/32-howto-run-pcm-standalone-eg-engine-swap-pats-disable-and-speed-source-setup/

Are you planning turbo or NA and what transmission?

• 4 years later...
  • Member For: 3m 27d

HA - I know that I am 'late to the party' on this topic - but I am building a 'resto-mod' MK 2 JAG - and was planning using an E-torque (USA) 4.7 Jag engine with WEBER style EFI (great engine) - BUT - the more I think about it here in AUS - a FG BARRA TURBO and ZF 6HP26 would make a 'smarter' choice for the engine//trans.  I am not planning DRAG WEEK ride - but the relatively light Jag and BARRA - even in OEM form should make a 'half decent' traffic light surprise to many people.

• Like 1

• Member For: 3m 27d

HA - I guess my calculator must be faulty - kerb weight of MK 2.4 manual is listed @ 1-440.0KG - BA BARRA manual is listed @ 1-672.0KG.  What an idea - remove 500.0KG from my 1-440.0KG MK 2 and it will weigh less than my 280Z (soon to be converted from LHD to RHD, and that I was also considering a BARRA swap into) - HA - what a BEAST (AKA - "...animal...").