5Sp Auto Conversion To Zf 6Sp Fgxr6

marbz

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 4d

Hello all I have a 2008 FG XR6 with a blown 5sp auto I was quoted 4k to rebuild but it was only rebuilt under warranty bit over 30k kms ago and ive been told the boxes are crap and have heaps of problems so I picked up a ZF 6sp with converter, tailshaft, wiring loom, and ecu for cheap and would like to put it in. Has anyone on here done this befor or know of anyone that knows whats involved?

I know it all bolts straight in what I need to know is about the wiring and ecu side of things.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

U would be the first ive heard of to attempt it

But fg xr6's did have the zf option so if u have all the items ( sounds like u do ) it should not be to much of an issue

• Member For: 12y 3m 15d

Not an easy job. You have all the parts but put basically the loom into the computer might not match the loom out of the computer. I think someone on here converted a manual FG to auto and it was a lot of work. IMO, install it and see how you go. A wiring diagram would help but jeez they are pretty complex for the average punter.

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 9y 3m 14d

Has anyone done a conversion from 5 to 6 ? As I am trying to do one and have a whole car to take parts from, so far have swapped engine/transmission loom, transmission installed, tail shaft and shifter, 

have ford ids and programmed my old modules into new Bem and pcm, but comes up on dash with system Comms error, and airbag faults,

so im guessing another loom is to go in somewhere?

any help would be appreciated :-) 

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

are you taking parts from a car with same engine? I.e are you taking parts from an xr6t for your xr6?

and yeah lucky you have a whole car as im sure you need pretty much everything.

• Member For: 9y 3m 14d

the parts are coming out of a g6 and going into a xr6, didn't think there could be too much difference, but I must be wrong.. theres someone who does it on ebay but there in SA, and didn't really give me much help when I asked, even offered some cash to them :-(

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

as long as the full electronics are swapped from one car to another, I can't see why it wouldn't work (that includes all of the interior modules and engine/pcm loom, imho).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...