Recommended Tuner/workshop In New Zealand

markadeane

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 11y 4d

Hi all,

I recently acquired a well-cared-for '03 BA XR6T and I'm looking at my options for a performance tune.

I'm really only looking to go to what is commonly regarded as "Phase 1". I don't want to overcook the whole thing, just looking for a bit more punch-in-the-guts when I really drop the hammer.

Can anyone recommend a reputable tuner in the lower North Island to take things up to the next level? I'm based in Wellington NZ, but happy to drive a few hours for the best deal.

Cheers

Mark

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

STM Speedtech in Petone. They tuned my BA XR6t and it's a nice tune, 250rwkw. Their site doesnt say much about Fords but they know what they are doing. Give them a call and tell them what your after and decide from there.

http://www.speedtechnz.com/shop.html?__utma=1.968893218.1354777891.1363685855.1366597545.3&__utmb=1&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1366597545.3.3.utmccn%3D(referral)%7Cutmcsr%3Dspeedtechnz.com%7Cutmcct%3D%2FAbout.html%7Cutmcmd%3Dreferral&__utmv=-&__utmk=221707417

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 15d

/\/\ I second STM I havn't had any work done with them but theyre good to deal with ... I might give them a call now actually as I need a cai for my xr8 ..

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 12y 8m 5d

just put my xr6t in with STM guys getting it back tomorrow dynoed 298.9rwkw but they are really good to talk to flick them a email:)

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 9y 8m 17d

Dynotech Industries in Taranaki. Took my FG there today for a service and tune. Phil is bloody awesome and was more then happy for me to hang about and ask stupid questions. His setup is so tidy and professional and he only uses the best gear etc.
Seriously highly recommend him.

Search for him on Facebook

• Member For: 10y 2m 28d

I've used Richard Gillies (formerly run The Chequered Flag) in Petone for all my performance work.

Currently have done

Process West 2.2 intercooler kit with hotside piping

Xforce exhaust (turbo back)

Wastegate/flapper mod

Crow valve springs

Bosch 968 injectors

Turbosmart actuator

Tuning is done in Paraparaumu at Troys Mechanical Services on a Dynapack.

Should be back on the dyno next week. Will update with kw then

• 4 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 26d

Seeing as I can’t make a new topic I’ll post in here.

Zane of MAXX performance out of Melbourne is coming to NZ (Auckland) to tune some cars. (Zane is a kiwi) This is a awesome opportunity for us here in NZ to have our cars tuned by someone who tunes barras everyday! Experienced with HP Tuners, SCT, PCMTEC.

Exact dates are to be confirmed but likely to be next month (May) If there is a enough he is hoping to make it a semi regular thing, I will be having my personal car tuned by him when it’s done.

Check out some of there work,

https://www.facebook.com/MaxxPerformance58/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...