Installing Center Diff Bush Short Notice

Danxr

• Member For: 11y 16d

Don't take it to Midway Ford they are absolute Muppets!!! they tried forcing me into a car I hadn't signed a contract for all because I look young and dumb (I am) but anyway take it to Midland auto plus they are really good!

• Member For: 11y 8m 5d

When I did mine I hit the old bushs inwards and the hit them through and they poped out, putting the new OEM style ones in (BA) I used a press tool and also when installing them every now and then gave it a firm but not an absolute flogging, hit so the bush settled then keep tightening the press tool etc...if that makes sence

f*ck bashing them in....good luck with that haha

so the right tool to use is similar to the ford tool to press it in but besides 2 large thick plates either side there a large thick plate the size of the bush sleeve (to fit snug) and a large pipe type spacer? if that makes any sence?

cheers

• Member For: 15y 4m 18d

I'm ringing around to get quotes for future refs, this quote which was the cheapest was Midways but ill try midland autos, I'm sure they do a good job the problem is the cars gotta have such a low downtime.

But the work that needs to be down which is included in the price is ofcourse

1, Remove and Refit new diff bushes - I'm supplying superpro centre bush and ford supply the standard outter bushes, I want a mix of poly and rubber

2, Re-seal my new diff after it was installed incorrectly by NUFORD WANGARA since been installed nov 11

3, Replace the lower control arm bushes both sides

4, Replace left hand tie rod arm and end

5, Check the upper right hand side ball joint for the suspension

p.s. Car was purchased on Jan 08 with 5000kms on the dial @ $30895 outright from Nuford Wangara

Year to date of 2/5/2013 I'm sitting on 295,224kms, I noticed that I put 299,000kms on the first post which is incorrect

car performs very well but then again it has the FG xr6 turbo engine in it that was installed by me in March 2012

your better of getting them to also replace the rose joints in teh rear like this kit

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-BA-Ford-Territory-Swivel-Bush-Kit-Rear-Upper-and-Lower-Control-Arm-/190798369301?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6c781215&_uhb=1

says for a ba etc but the fg rear uses the same type dont they?

I have them on my BA and there roadsafe brand and there been fine

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 18d

Thanks for all the help all fixed now, a big thanks also goes to Midway ford in Midland they took on the job and Mark from midway ford great.

they fixed all the bushes including center and the outriggers, sealed the diff leak and flushed the diff put new LS additive, replaced upper and lower control arm bushes, 4 wheel alignment, steering rack bushes, lower front ball joints, tie rod ends all for $1100 had the car for 5 hours

• 6 years later...
  • Member For: 4y 5m 10d
On 21/04/2013 at 9:11 AM, bionicxr6t05 said:

We charge well under $500 for s&f genuine diff bush and can do the job in under an hour

Where is this?

Sorry for revival of the old thread, but I'm in Melbourne and don't want to fork out $1200 for someone to do it, and I really don't want to remove the cradle if I can get away with not xD