Installing Center Diff Bush Short Notice

Danxr

• Member For: 15y 4m 19d

as everyone should know recently I hit a roo in the bf2 turbo minor front end damage will post pictures before and after

car still drives very well so I continued the drive to work no worries apon coming home I was pulled over by cops and yellow sticked for missing/damaged front bumper into which I had already organised the insurance to fix the car and had it booked in asap or 5 days and arranged on the same day that I hit the roo

anyway it's gotta go over the pits and the diff bush is destroyed it is really really stuffed big time had them since they installed the new diff Nov 11 or 170,000km ago the cars is currently sitting on 299,000kms almost the big 300,000 for a dec 07 falcon xr6t

is there anyway of replacing the diff bush without removing the diff as I'm going to do it myself and it'll be a car jack and wheel stands job

I've brought last year a superpro comfort + for the center bush but

post-32421-0-67896700-1366474018_thumb.j

post-32421-0-91198600-1366474035_thumb.j

post-32421-0-90826600-1366474082_thumb.j

• Member For: 19y 2m 13d

Yes, and you really dont' want to go down that path as it involves cutting a substantal hole in the boot, really.

Some advice that came up on the forum some time ago for this type of repair/ refurb is to seek out the people who fix taxis in your area, as they are:

- vastly cheaper than the dealerships. ($500 from the taxi repair place for supply and fitting the diff bush and a few others)

- very fast (2 hours) as they are doing these bushing jobs constantly

- good quality as they are doing these bushing jobs constantly

I have not tried this approach myself so it is not possible to confirm the claims about qgood quality.

However I have called one of these facilities and the prices and times required quotes were correct.

Edited by aiboart

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

Would not use a Taxi repairer for any work at all!

my post was very direct which is probably not fair, but it appears from my time dealing with different mechanics, customers etc that taxi repairers do things as cheap and as quick as possible without consideration to the final quality, some would call rough as guts, some would call dodgy, I'm sure there are some that are exceptions to this

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 12d

We charge well under $500 for s&f genuine diff bush and can do the job in under an hour

is that price for only the centre bush. No way you can change the other 2 also in an hour.