Blood Donation

adie

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

SRS Hat on,

Good on you all for donating. I'm unable to donate due to the treatment I received for a blood blood borne virus I contracted a few years ago (and before J@ jumps in, not its not Aids), My father is AB -ve (which is quite rare) and routinely donates as does my Mum and Wife. This topic is very near and dear to my heart as member of my family recently had two transfusions which saved his life.

TL;DR..? Thanks to all that give up their time to donate Well Done!

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 6d

Got my card last week. I'm O+ which means I can give to any other + but only take O-+

Pretty good deal, O+ works with many blood types but if I ever need it apparently O is pretty common.

Until then I actually never knew my blood type.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

There's like a little pie graph of percentages of people with blood groups etc... It's pretty interstin but ye Pauline from memory o blood is the most needed coz it can be put with so many other types ...

On the other side of it ... Last week I had to sign my form to allow for blood transfusion during my surgery if needed... My bloods fine to donate but I do take longer to clot than anyone else so will be interesting... Hopefully I don't need it and someone else can have it :)

Edited by Princess Fluffy

• Not pregnant
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 20d

So pissed off right now.

Had my blood donation appointment today. Everything was going fine until the woman who was putting the needle in fuxking screwed it up, and hit a nerve.

She didn't realize until 35ml had been taken, and the flow rate dropped to zero.

Cause they had already taken 35ml they couldn't start again on another vein, and then I was told that despite all this, I still have to wait 4 months til I can try again. Can't even do platelets or plasma, because I haven't done a whole blood donation in the past year.

So pissed off right now. Plus my arm is hurting so much.

All the times that I used to donate in geelong, and this never happened. Stupid werribee.

• Like 1

• Not pregnant
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 20d

Pazz couldn't donate either, cause of the meds he's on for his ulcers.

I couldn't remember my blood type, cause I was told what it was 8 years ago, but they were able to confirm it for me from the system.

A+, cause I'm awesome :P (and the same as my sister!!!)

Next time I donate I'm heading to geelong.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

A+ here also Adie..

Like my school grades!!

I wish..

But that does friggin suck.. So even though they screwed up you can't try again for 3 months?