Diff Whine

Ninka

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 25d

They(the diffs)have been doing this since the BA days, it amazes me that they haven't rectified it after 8 years along with the ever present driveline shunt.

• Member For: 13y 6m 3d

Holy back from the dead thread Batman!

I drove a BA one tonner when I was ute shopping recently and it had a diff whine that could have altered the climate. Guy said before I drove it, ooooh, it could maybe do with some axle bearings.. It sounded like a pig going through a lumber shredder..

There again it had pure water in the radiator, what looked like chocolate mousse in the power steering and no cap on the wiper washer bottle.

He wanted 8k for it. Prolly still does.

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 10y 9m 20d

Hi guys I got this thumping noise each time my automatic changes gears I've been told to look at the diff bushes but they look solid with no wear or tear, I have only done 70, 000 k to the ba xr6t and want to get rid of the thumping noise can anyone help me with this problem

• Member For: 15y 2m 22d

My fg turbo has same noise at 90-100 kph. Had a teary at my next service and they ordered me a new diff. 8 weeks later it fitted and no more annoying noises cruising on the highway.. Now to try get a new Interface. Then who knows what will give up next...

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

This thread has come so far in so few posts. It's OVER A DECADE OLD and only has 15 replies to Alan's original post!

OVER A DECADE

:birthdaywish: