Speed Limiter On G6E Turbo?

BennoG6ETURBO

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 24d

Were the Holdens manual or auto?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

Mate well done, I wanna do one of these too, I was there last year spectating and it was cold as f.uk! 12 degrees but 4 with wind chill, so 30 is pretty epic lol.

I thinks Kevs gtr had the fastest time of 19-20 seconds. Most factory cars last yr seemed to do about 26-27 altho I did hear ppl complaining of the surface being too loose to get traction. Lambo diablo did a 25-26 if I remember right. Was a turbos v8 jeep Cherokee that smashed about 21-22 seconds, that thing was epic.

So I guess to hit top speed even a 1000m event isn't enough then. Guess you gotta have a mate with a private road or go to the NT now they have unlimited again.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 24d

Great company to lose to!

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 4m 5d

Excellent result! A middleweight took it up to the heavyweights! The limiters - easy enough to remove via aftermarket software. The workshop I go to said 230 for the factory turbos and 250 for the FPV jobs it seems.

There are some great stats floating around the web on the 400M versus 1000M final velocities. Wind conditions are very important but ignoring that - It seems for anything that is a bit quick

(12 second 400M cars) you can basically add 47 - 55 KM/hr to the 400M terminal speed to see where you might be at 1000. So, those of you that are running 190 at 400M will see 240+ at 1000M. Once again, the famous 60 foot times help.

{A bit of physics... speed / power is a basic cubic equation for drag-affected objects ( at sea level with a constant drag coefficient) and that means twice the speed needs eight times the power.}

• 2 weeks later...