Speed Limiter On G6E Turbo?

BennoG6ETURBO

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 16d

At the temora 1000 last year a XR6T did the 1000m in 22.6 seconds. with a speed of 256 km/h

I don't know how much power it had, or if gearing had been changed but still way over 230km/h

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

Ok speed limiter is set at 230km/h. At 200km/h it flattens out up to about 207km/h then you start feeling the turbo. Once you reach 230km/h it cuts out and put you back to around the 220km/h.

This is stock factory settings.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

I got 222km/h in my ZF/BFIIover 800m according to my OBD2 logging on our first 1000m event here in WA just recently. I wasn't game to go WOT for the full 1000m and timing gear failed me anyway but OBD2 again reported 223km/h with about 80% throttle 800 to 1000m. Car is about 325rwkw, 400m stats 11.9 @ 120mph.

XF Falcon in his ZF/BF got a best top speed of 238.93 according to track timing gear, he's running about 380rwkw with a 400m PB of 11.2 from memory.

Warchild has a tuned manual Typhoon, unsure of power but his best result was 216km/h according to timing gear.

Winner of the day (above the GTRs/Mclaren/Lambos etc) was Tony Locatori in his XFT 600+rwkw Typhoon with 275km/h @_@

2013RaceWarsResults.pdf

Edited by -SteveR-

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

I should probably check my car as I never did ask if the speed limiter was removed...might explain the similar speeds but I did get off the throttle...

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 4m 3d

bumping an old thread, looking for boot lid trims of all things, but steve, you should feel the limiter pretty easy.

my mate has a long private road I ran on and even on stock power, it will pull hard, past 230 (to about 236 ish normally) before it cuts power, and holds you at 230.

you hit the limit fairly hard and feel the decel.

that an fg xr6t manual. cant help on the G series cars.

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 16d

Had my run today...

Dead stock with full tank of fuel, spare and tools on board I ran back to back 24.3s @ 216kmh! Much quicker than what I hoped for out of the family limo...

Smoked my mate in his modified Bogan special ute who ran 24.9, and a VE GTS "325" who ran 25.2! Plus I am still waiting on the time for the final run where I dropped spare etc.and nailed the launch but was down 3-4kmh due to wind (supposed to be emailed to me tonight as we had to leave early).

G6ET is currently quickest in the 1E class although tomorrow the Zonda, Lambo and Corvette that are also in 1E might change that!

Stoked.

• Like 3