G6E Turbo Issue

Cashmans4

• Member For: 11y 1m 25d

I have an 09 G6E turbo and ive noticed when driving, the tacho moves up and down (about 100rpm) when staying at a constant speed.

it can be felt and is quite annoying, just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem or know why its doing it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 23d

Check your overflow bottle to see if its like a milkshake. A guy I know had the same issue but it was worse it was jumping around quite a bit and his ZF heat exchanger had failed.

I hope its not....

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Is it moving and then staying steady or constantly hunting around? It could be the torque converter locking up if the former...but if it's the later I'd get it looked at ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 15d

Hey bud, mine does it aswell. The mrs B4 Scuby also does exactly the same thing. If you put a boost gauge on it you will find the boost will rise and fall with the tacho. I have put it down to the wastegate solenoid running on low duty cycle on light loads, its kinda annoying but doesnt bother me much. I wouldnt worry too much. I will ask my mate 2moz for ya, he has been a service adviser at Ford for over 20 years.

Kind regards Jon

• Member For: 11y 1m 25d

Thanks Jon, I have it booked in at ford tomorrow to get it checked out, I'll let them know about the wastegate solenoid. like you said nothing really to worry about, its just annoying. I'll let you know the outcome.