Zf - Needs Help (I Think)

Alion

• Member For: 16y 1m 2d

Hey Lady's and Gents,

Well I am having a few issues with the G6ET It has a bad diff bush, it makes a knocking noise somewhere at the front of the car when the road is a little bumpy. Does any one know what causes this.

HOWEVER the big problem is the ZF I think. After short drives now the thermo fans are staying on after the car is turned off? The temp on the dash is normal but we all know that is not the most important temperatures. The box feels like it is slipping and every time is does I think the car is pulling back on the acceleration. Is this normal? It is happening badly in 3rd and 4th up hills when in tip-tronic mode. When in lower gears this doesn't happen at the higher revs all seems fine. Also the shifts is really hard and delayed.

Do my assumptions seem correct? This is my first auto and really know nothing about them other then the ZF is different to most of them.

If you could help with this it would be great. The car was bought from a dealer with the 3mth warranty so it should be covered right? All help is much appreciated guys.

Regards,

Allan

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 16d

Take it back to the dealer and let them worry about it mate...is your engine coolant nice and green or does it look like someone has poured a milkshake into it?

• Like 1

Milkshake :( A bad looking chunky milkshake

Edited by Alion

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 16d

I suggest you have a look in the zf milkshake thread, but definately take it back to the dealer a dead zf is a very costly problem that they should come to the party with

Thanks for the help. Might send the guy and email and see what happens if I don't get the right noises might get work to follow it up. Again thanks for the help :)

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

You are just lucky it happened inside the bonus warranty period!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Well its being fixed ATM but there telling me that after a good flush. and once the milkiness is out the gear box will be fine I want to know if this is right or do I get fair trading involved and talk to ZF to get there expert option? Any useful input is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Allan

• Member For: 11y 6m 6d

It will be in the mechatronics unit itself and all through your clutch packs if milkshake has occured and will need to be pulled apart and rebuilt. They are trying to get out of it cheap and hoping a flush will mask the real problem.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 19d

I know 2 guys that have had it and its a total rebuild including the mechatronics. no way around it, tell them to fully rebuild or replace with a new one if not speak to fair trading immediately....

Edited by gsd112