Help Please With Dsc And Abs Fault Codes.

Barra

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 5d

Hey guys. I need some serious help. About 1000kms after my last service, which included the front rotors being machined. I have been getting intermittent ABS and DSC faults which stay on until I cycle the ignition.

It would be ok for a while in a straight line on a hwy (for 150kms) yet when I braked harsh or broke before a hard corner the faults would appear again. It was very frustrating as I had my young daughter in the car, so was stressing that the ABS was off.

I took it to the workshop that serviced the car, they visually inspected the wheel sensors (did not remove them) and connected a scan tool-

These 3 codes were there-

C1288 - Pressure transducer main/ primary input circuit failure.

U2501 - Missing token from engine management sys for ACC

C1991 - Module calibration failure.

Note- I saw these code descriptions on the scan tool, yet the mechanic only wrote the codes not the descriptions, I found these online. So I hope they are accurate.

Also after mentioning that my cruise wouldn't work sometimes since all of this. They checked my brake lights. I watched as very intermittently upon pressing the brake, the lights would not light up. This is even more worrying. I've looked into a new brake switch which I confident I can fit myself. Could this switch be the cause of all my problems? Or what are the codes relating to? as the workshop have now referred me to Ford. Would rather get it sorted myself if I can.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 5d

Thanks bionic

Bought one off ebay (genuine ford) the other day.

Would this switch potentially be the cause of the ABS and DSC faults too?

Haven't fitted the switch yet, assuming easy to do..? Looks like it just clicks in to a bracket and connect electricial socket.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 5d

Hey guys, sorry hijack. Did some searching to find this. My FG has been throwing up DSC fail warning every other time I drive it. Goes away after ignition cycle but has come up at least a dozen times now. I don't have a code reader or anything like that. Car behaves perfectly normal even after the codes up. I did a battery disconnect and got about 5 days out of it before it started throwing it back up every second or third time I drive it. Going to have a chat to my mechanic tomorrow about it. Is it something a regular mechanic can look at? Or does it need to go back to Ford?

Cheers

Oh and probably a coincidence but the warning only started popping up after I filled up my tyres with air. Haha stretch I know but literally got the code on the way home from topping up the tyres. I'm wondering if too much tyre pressure can play with the sensor or it just happen to coincide with that.

Edited by broke

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 19d

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeah im going to go with coincidence on that one

you know the times when you should tell everyone whats going on, and there are times when you should keep things to yourself? this is one of those times.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 5d

yeah just wasn't sure, I filled up pretty tight. actually way over their rated pressure now I've checked. but I'll chat to the mechanic tomorrow anyway. Selling the car pretty soon just want to make sure it's all right before I move it.