Brake Bleeding, Xr6T

jas98

• Member For: 11y 8m 5d

Hi, while I was working on the front of me car I notice the left front brake calper was leaking fluid where the hose joins it, turns out it was loose, however I decided to replace the copper washers as the way I see it if there loose it will never seal like it should once re tightened anyway. I only bleed that one caliper, should I bleed the whole thing? brake pedal feels a little sloppy, but I did replace front rotors and pads with QFM HPX and TNF rotors. its the PBR ba xr6t factory black caliper upgrade.

I have not taken it for a drive as of yet as it needs a wheel alighnment bad (just replace the steering rack and all front bush's in superpro) and I also have a few things to do to the rear end (drive shafts and wheel bearings) but from just taking it out of garage the braks bite pretty good but if I press pedal down hard it seems to want to bottem out, but this could be due to new pads etc and it has to bed in.

my question is, as I was not thinking and I did not "clamp" the brake line when disconecting it from caliper (stupid me!!!) and let the brake fluid drain, could I have gotten a sh*t load of air in it? and even though it seems I got all air out there will still be some in there? if so how do I remove this? it was pumped about 10 times and the first 3 times heaps of air came out then it slowly came good

cheers for reading all this, lol

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

BAFittingInstructions-PL726_002.pdf

follow the directions in the acttached PDF. Pay particular attention to the lines in the front brake bleeding section that mentions removing one caliper bolt and tilting the caliper upwards. With the caliper mounted normally you wont get all of the air out of the top piston chamber.

thanks, I got this (similar one) for future bleeding:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TL0010-One-way-Hydraulic-Clutch-Brakes-Bleeder-Hose-Bleeding-brake-MX-ATV-Quad-/310348897858?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item48423c5e42&_uhb=1#ht_2336wt_1071

is the one man bleeding one just hook it up undo bleed nipple and pump pedal 5-10 times while making sure resivoir is full? or do I have to close the bleed nipple between pumps?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 15d

I like that idea ,but how do you see if there's air bubbles in the line if your in the car ?

I suppose you could pump and lean.... or use your hand (to pump pedal) lol

I suppose if you pump enough fluid through you hope for teh best lol. however I have read its best to take the bleed nipple out and put a little teflon plumbers tape of the thread then screw it bak in, this stops any air getting sucked back through the threads of the nipple..also a cable tie over the hose where it goes over the nipple for safety.

smart idea though