Friday Night Cruises

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 9m 7d

As many Canberran's will know, there use to be a Friday night cruise in to Braddon.

Well guess what? They're back!

The Organisers stress, there will be NO burnouts, NO oil on the road and so on, at the new event(s).

This week's proposed cruise is from RJ's in Woden, cruising along Adelaide avenue to Braddon.

Meet at RJ's @ 830pm

Leave RJ's @ 930pm

The organisers have decided a gold coin donation, will be made by attendees, to a charity of choice each week. This week the charity is The Trundle Tree Change Donna Roberts Benefit.

Hope to see you there.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m

Mcinnes and I briefly went to the one last friday. We went to braddon and there was a heap of bogans in commodores trying to rip burnouts and failing miserably (the best burnout was from an NA fg xr6 lol)

We headed out to RJ's and apparently they had a decent turn out but most had left by time we got there. If I'm not working id' probably be interested to go

Are you just getting your info from the facebook page Fryer or you know someone involved?

• Boost Addict

Jono - my understanding is the organisers belong to the Canberra Old Skool Cruises group, to which I am not affiliated. I have simply paraphrased a post from this facey page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/384187425022094/

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 27d

Yea its ran by the same guys as the facebook group.

I wont be there this week (going up to woolongong for a weeding) but I should be at next weeks one :)

There's normally a good turnout if you get there about 8-9 ish. Its when the cops come and ruin it that everything goes downhill (but in saying that, there are some idiots who are ripping skids right near people, so goes hand in hand).

• Boost Addict

ohhhh.....so it would appear that some things never change....lol

Sadly, if that is the case, then I will veto the event(s) too! As Dan mentioned, getting your rego on the RAPID system is not a the top of my agenda either.

So, when's this Bungendore or Braidwood run gunna happen?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m

I think the cruises being organised have sort of disconnected themselves from the "braddon crew" that hang out and chuck burnouts so provided you're behaving yourself (and for that matter park out of sight in the city) then I can't imagine getting into too much trouble.

I suppose this cruise needs to be organised at some point lol. What are people thinking? April, may, june, july? I think it might need to be something that has to be organised at least a month or 2 in advance.

At the moment for me most of May should be okay provided I stay on top of uni. June and July are no goes for me, have exams and then head back to Griffith for a month. Then end of july/ august would be good too.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 27d

I'm free most weekends in April. Haven't got may roster yet.

Yea I got my rego on the rapid system last week I think. Hung out with a car group and cops showed up and took plates down

• Boost Addict

Did anyone here end up going to RJ's tonight?

Mitch - you hanging with RH? Don't get me wrong - I love skids as much as the next guy, but, that is guaranteed to get you on the RAPID system :(

Bungendore/Braidwood - what about the weekend of April 20 or 21?