B Double Vs Xr6

simmo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 12d

And truck drivers winge about other road users!! How does check ya mirrors sound!!! At least your ok mate

no intention of turning this into a truck driver bashing thread but had an incident with one a few weeks back.

apparently 'do not overtake, turning vehicle' means you can not overtake a truck on a 3 lane wide rd mid corner.

some colourful language was exchanged that night!

• Like 1

• Member For: 21y 1m 19d

I agree the majority of truckies are ok,I have mates that are trukies and even they say there are cowboys out there,apparently if you own a modified car you are a idiot driver

that's probably why I crashed .lol,

here is an example of a 'good driver' no other cars involved.thanx everyone for the well wishes.

IMG_1209_zps63f676fe.jpg

IMG_1217_zps31a1f72a.jpgIMG_1208_zpsba38c412.jpg

Edited by simmo

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d

I occasionally have to transport swimming pools in one of our trucks at work and have to say that most truckies are ok but theres alot of dead sh*t truck drivers as well.They have this thing that cause they are 30-50 tonnes that they can push you around and play deadly games on the road.

Im a respectful driver and when it comes to overtaking,common sense prevails but sometimes theres times where some vehicles think its ok to use the give way to your right rule and try and close you out of a lane merge.I give plenty of room for trucks or cars to merge back in but sometimes other vehicles don't.

• Member For: 11y 4m 27d

Know how you feel dude, I had a similar thing in my ke70 feb 2012. Was right long side the b double about 3/4 then truck just came across. Had to hit skids hard had tyre marks right up passenger side and ended up cracking and bending chassis. Hence why it's now off road and in a track build phase. Scary as. The gf was on passenger seat also. Glad your ok bud.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Just north of Emu Plains in central Qld came across a B double overtaking on a bridge completely blind

to oncoming traffic. Pulled up inches short of the concrete that would had have killed me

f*cktard