Hp Tuning Vs Sct Tuning And Injectors

SeduceG6Et

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 10d

60's and HP is fine IF you know what you are doing.

For example....I saw a car a few weeks ago with 1000cc EV-14 injectors and SCT tune and the idle was the worst I have EVER seen. It was clear the tuner has NFI based on the datalogs....later verified by reading the tune.

Brendan, would you consider sending me those logs of the bad idle, I wouldnt mind having a look for learning purposes

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 8d

Yeah no worries, it shows a flat lined LTFT, erratic spark and an unusual effective pulsewidth given the injectors and what I know I should be seeing. SoI pulled the tune and it showed the most usual injector scaling known to man kind. The deadtimes were similar to that of a deka (I.e very low) and the tuner had then lowered the low slope to ~60lb/hr in an attempt to meet the engines fuel requirements. I was stunned to say the least. The actual pulsewidth at idle was ~1.35ms and therefore well below the ~1.8ms required to make the engine idle at stoich with these particular injectors. Seriously some tuners out there just have NFI and it pi$$es me off!

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 10d

Thanks mate, will be a good learning exercise. You still have my email or would you like me to txt it?

• Member For: 12y 9m 23d

my car is tuned with vcm suite ( hp tuners ) and im happy as larry , I think sct might have a few more advantages but the main 1 is that most tuners that tune our cars are most familar with it as I think the best software is what your tuner is best capable with .sounds like the tuner you used is better at talk then torque hope you have better luck with your next as the 2 mentioned above over there have good feedback from what I have read :)

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 27d

Holly f*ck @ $2500 for $500 worth of injectors and an $800 tune.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...