Hp Tuning Vs Sct Tuning And Injectors

SeduceG6Et

• Member For: 11y 3m 16d

Hi guys. I bought a 2009 G6Et with only 18000kms on it. Always been a V8Holden fan (for along while,im 45) drove the G6Et and had to have it. Got it tuned by a well known tuner in WA using HP soft ware and 60lb Siemens injectors. Ive had some issues that I wont go into as I just wanted to know what injectors most of you guys use and what the better software is,im thinking SCT after talking to some people. Already spent $2500 on injectors and a tune,4 weeks later im spending another $2500 tomorrow to get the ID injectors and SCT software. Any input would be greatly appreciated,THANKYOU in advance.

• Member For: 12y 10m 21d

I also have 60ib siemans and was tuned with Sniper(I think it was called that) and the tune was average at best, and was the best they could do. I eventually went to another tuner who used SCT and sorted most of the issues,but my new tuner also went on to say he finds the 60lb sieman injectors best suited for BA/F. My idle is not the smoothest(apparently common with the siemans) and fuel economy is very average.

Seems the IDs are now the injectors of choice along with SCT tuning software.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Can't go wrong with genuine ID1000's and SCT as long as it's one of two shops. XFT or MT.

Sucks you blew the first $2500, on the up side seduce is a FANTASTIC colour and rarely have I seen it on a G6ET. I was considering a seduce FG XR6T until I saw the light and bought second hand B series all those years ago...

I have 42lb green top bosch as I am fine with low 300's power (and have B series). Dekas are OK as mentioned if you aren't picky and just want to enjoy the power.

Edited by -SteveR-

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

With the right tuner 60lb dekas can be tuned perfict, I run 60's and have a tip top idle and it makes decent economy 500-550kms to a tank of 98

Sct is alot more suited to our car especially with someone who knows what there doing and just for your info id injectors are basically cream of the crop so ull be right after this

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 6d

As J@ said they are fine and work well when tuned correctly. There is some supporting tune info on deka 60s buried in the forum somewhere, may be helpful to your tuner. Something to do with the injectors needing more variables played with for them to be correct in our vehicles.

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 27d

2500 for vcm and 60lb injectors? Got ripped there, Vcm you'll only should pay 800 once finished.. And injectors + installation doesn't cost 1700

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 16d

60's and HP is fine IF you know what you are doing.

For example....I saw a car a few weeks ago with 1000cc EV-14 injectors and SCT tune and the idle was the worst I have EVER seen. It was clear the tuner has NFI based on the datalogs....later verified by reading the tune.

• Like 1