Squeal Screeching Noise When Turning Left?

sct911

• Member For: 11y 5m 19d

I have a fg xr6t which has the 4pot brembo brakes in the front. Last week I dropped the car off at ford to get the diff bush replaced, a day later an annoying squeal started when braking. Now it has got worse and louder, when turning left without even touching the brakes the screeching noise still happens. When the steering wheel is straight or turning right, there is no noise.

ford said they didnt touch the front end when replacing the rear diff bushes so I can't really blame them, cars also out of warranty. If I had to take a guess, I'd say noise is coming from the front. To test this theory I splashed a bucket of water onto the front wheels then went for a drive, the squealing stopped for a good minute then started again. front pads still have 40% left and rears have 60% left

Any ideas?

Edited by sct911

• Member For: 11y 9m 3d

bout 50 buck (include bearing grease) and you can do it yourself shouldnt take any longer than a hour so id say 150 for a shop to do it.. that's if it is your wheel bearings sounds like it if u ask me

• Member For: 11y 5m 19d

just put the car on stands and checked it out, seems like ford missed a worn out pad. The pad on the inside of the front right caliper is completely worn out, while the pad on the outside still has around 40% left.