Fg Twin 2.5" Vs Single 3.5"

fgxr6t89

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

I have an FG auto, I have heard (well from google) that the XForce can drone with an automatic. Anyone know if that's true or not?

I am facing the exact same dilemma, wanting a catback, not sure if DiFillipo, Redback, XForce or HiTech is the way to go. Wanting a nice deep note without sounding like a bogan doing laps with NO drone - preferably a twin system as I like the look but the key is the deep note and lack of drone...

Both the twin 2.5 and the single 3.5/4 inch X-force can be ordered with twin tips so from the back of the car they will look the same.

If you want a deeper note then the 4 inch wins.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 29d

I know there is no right or wrong answer, but which do people prefer under the following conditions:

Idle

light/half throttle

WOT

Drone?

Which would be more likely to attract attention ie greater dB

Thanks

• Member For: 11y 2m 14d

I'm going through this exact situation now trying to choose either a 2.5" dual or a 3.5" stainless cat back.

From what I have heard the 3.5" seems to be more popular than the dual.

I want it to sound nice and deep and louder than stock. How much louder are either one of these systems over stock?

I just don't want it to drone or be too loud when trying to cruise.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 2m 20d

Looks like we are in the same boat there cjy92, my biggest fear is forking out $$$ for a system that sounds like a cessna. I was all set to get into the hitech catback and then I read elsewhere on here that the design isnt that great and then I heard that xforce can drone on an auto...who knows!

• Member For: 11y 2m 20d

This is what XForce had to say when I asked them about their systems and droning:

"Some people will acceptable to the drone but some people will not. So, it's really hard for us to say which is the right system with the right sound for you"

So seems like they are saying their systems DO drone.