The Bucket List

Dagabond

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 30d

It depends what you're into really Dags. If you have an interest in something in particular then follow that. For example, I was curious to know what Germans think of WWII and how it's shaped the country and how the Berlin Wall shaped that city, so we went to Berlin and took a tour to Sachsenhausen.

Watch the time of year you're planning to travel. Plan plan and plan some more. Weather and tourist seasons are things to consider.

Look carefully at the difference between train travel and air travel. Stations are right in the cities whereas airports are outside the cities and you have to go through all the security and check in crap. You might find trains a better option in some cases.

Pick pockets are a real threat in Europe and they're very good at it.

Amsterdam is great. The red light district is only a small part of what's on offer there.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 11d

Going with a couple of seasoned travelers, 2 female cousins who have both lived & touristed through Europe. They have been planning the trip for a few months now and talked me into it, seemed like a better option than going in blind and alone.

Trying to decide now whether to fly out with them or do Prague first and meet them at the ship.

Doing the boat it travels at night hits port at 7am gives you a day to go and see the sites then departs at 7pm for the next destination.

Cost is about 4K for interior room to 6K for a Balcony room, cousins have got a balcony room so may just grab an interior and sponge/spew off their balcony....or find me an old millionairess and sponge on her...

• Like 1

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 30d

Either way sounds like a good plan to me.

I'm jealous. Most of my redundancy will be going to boring stuff like home improvements.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Bored Member
  • Administrator

Cost is about 4K for interior room

All booked and paid, out 1st Sept Back 1st Oct.

Hit Barcelona for a day staying overnight here:

http://www.hesperia.com/nh/en/hotels/spain/barcelona/hesperia-ramblas.html

Day trips for the cruise all booked, sample below:

http://www.princess.com/find/excursion/viewSharedEx.page?shareId=34M53SZRDOPITUMGHAH7WTU6YU&t=E

Overnight to Paris two nights putting up with this joint

http://www.hotel-peyris.com/index.htm

Chunnel to London 2 days there then the rest cruising England, Scotland & Ireland.

• Like 1

• Bored Member
  • Administrator

Going with a couple of seasoned travelers, 2 female cousins who have both lived & touristed through Europe.

As above J@..

then the rest cruising England, Scotland & Ireland.

Bimmer X1 sorted for cruising...