The Bucket List

Dagabond

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 22d

Fark mate!!!

That's pure sh*t.. It never picks the scum bags does it?

What does he like mate? Get him onto some hot laps, helicopter ride? Anything to make memories mate!

If ya need anything bloke you've got my number!

Not bad ideas at all, the local motorsport club should be able to get a couple laps at the next little circuit event. The chopper ride shouldn't be hard to sort either, I know one of the chopper mechanics and my gf works booking tours.

Had a mate (22yo) I had the same situation with about 10 years ago - my dragon icon/pic thing is actually a tribute to him - photo of a tattoo converted to a jpg and made into my icon.

I found it best at the time was to let him take the reigns - let him call the shots that he was able to do, wanted to do and could do.

Some things he suggested seemed pointless - some things I suggested that I thought would be great had no interest from him

All it really came down to was keeping him as happy as we could during the time he had left.

Any bucket list "important, must do" things - he lost interest in - just wanted to spend time with family and friends.

The main thing I worked out to do was not to treat/deal with him in any way other than I had before he became sick - he didn't want/need to be treated with kid gloves (sp?) or people pussy footing around - he wanted the people he knew and loved to be continuing to be themselves while they were around him.

Farck - still can't believe it happened - there really is no rhyme nor reason to life. Engaged to be married, just had his 21st, clean bill of health, non smoker, occasional drinker and struck down with something so cruel - I really, really don't get it.

Don't worry mate, I still feed him sh*t just like any other mate. People that don't know me as well get offended when I pay him out about anything, but I know that his parents and him love me for it. I've been the one keeping this normal for ages, but it's been a bit easier as he has been doing alright the past few years (relatively).

• Like 1