Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

100% Bringing them down to that legal limit Really sets them off and the handling improvement is epic for what actually goes in 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the privilege but unfortunate to have Darrell back in after giving the limiter a bit if a bash in his FG Mk2 XR6T a few weeks back and completely lunched his factory oil pump gears and this lead a

Thanks for the kind words Dazza     Some simple stuff but interesting all the same for me last week starting with @Roo32 coming in for a service,Jonny Tig 4* race intake and battery relocati

Most already know why we/I chose to give it up but for the rest who would like to wonder why we gave up a great little thing is because life is to short basically.My dad had a heart attack while playi

Posted Images

Totally agree, that's a tasteful look, I went for the SSL Kings as well and am very happy with the stance, amazing what a 20mm drop will do!

Brake upgrade is next on the list.

• Like 1

Had Andrew Back in for a 90,000km service and one of my Go-To Option Pacemaker twin 2.5* Cat back to Quad exhaust systems for the FGX XR8. It’s a 409 Stainless steel with a High temp black coating, central muffler is an option ( can come with straight pipes if you want more noise ) and a check up on the Dyno for good measure. This was something Andrew wanted for a while but was concerned about the overall noise as it’s the “Family bus” and didn’t want drone either as it does regular trips up the River towing a boat.

Exhausts are always a tuff one as one persons idea of loud is completely different to the next so getting a good base of Go-To hardware has taken years to refine and this is a really nice system with an exceptional build quality, fitment, sound 

If we were to say a factory FGX XR8 is 5/10 loud this system with the central muffler makes it a 7/10, straight pipe option will make it 8.5/10 :) 

Gives the beautiful Start up V8 sound you want with enough burble down low at idle to know it’s tuff ;) 

Tweaked the tune to give some lovely  pops and crackles on decel especially on a free rev ! 

BEFORE: 

eS67aab.jpg

xBXDdYu.jpg

40qgWt9.jpg

R46Nc6q.jpg

AFTER: 

yQylmXH.jpg

Zw2uMdv.jpg

CYVhx4b.jpg

iaNNi5D.jpg

1s41QY5.jpg

FVAAupE.jpg

6KpbrlW.jpg

cVvuGM5.jpg

BgEzjRp.jpg

• Like 3

Yeh well you have my number princess 🤪

Pretty standard, the more ceramic content sometimes it takes a bit longer to final bed but all new pads should suit a true flat surface each time replaced and the manufacturer’s recommendations followed 

Edited by JETURBO
On 28/11/2020 at 5:48 PM, JETURBO said:

Yeh well you have my number princess 🤪

Pretty standard, the more ceramic content sometimes it takes a bit longer to final bed but all new pads should suit a true flat surface each time replaced and the manufacturer’s recommendations followed 

got you n fluff on speed dial dw

• Haha 1
On 16/09/2020 at 3:46 PM, rollex said:

With 400rwkw on the street you can't and still be quick. Boost by gear or a low boost tune will be faster on the street every time.

I've set up boost by gear and flatshifting on my manual BF with ~380rwkw. I can pin the throttle from 1st to 4th without lifting and basically no wheel spin. Press of a button and I get full boost in all gears to do skids all day if I want.

Oh having the ability to do this, would be nice. Is this using the nGauge?

• 2 weeks later...

Had Graeme back in @HOTXR6T all the way from Tennant Creek in the N.T with a great list of mods to compliment the round one mods completed nearly this time last year :) 

So in went the following...

Venom SS cat back to suit the previously installed SS 4* Dump/cat combo 

The DriveShaftShop Carbon Fibre Tail shaft

PWR heat exchanger kit with optional Braided line upgrade

HD Half shaft upgrade 

Re seal Diff hat & service 

New door window switch
Full custom re tune on 98 fuel 

Finished up at a great 368.5rwkw @ 17psi peak boost on closed loop control 

Goes amazing now and the connection of the driveline with the carbon shaft is a massive sling shot effect which makes the car feel more like a 450kw car vs a 370 but the GTX Gen2 3576 is only just ticking along and with a bigger fuel system or E85 it would do some big numbers no worries 

bSdqNTh.jpg

PD5GScJ.jpg

6YhGVy2.jpg

haiW2sX.jpg

jFCGTnX.jpg

QK4WMeE.jpg

bkwjPGi.jpg

WxSKLrj.jpg

FcqyLw2.jpg

TQWrUgA.jpg

Nmxs0um.jpg

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful work, as usual.

Do you order direct from the Diveshaft Shop in the US? Exchange rate is making their axles  attractive...

I've got one of their alloy 1 piece shafts, and I think they packed the unis with too much grease, its sprayed all under my car. Ever had that issue?

Thanks Tom Tucker lol 

No have a good relationship with Kon @ DiffTechnics ;) 

Yes the exchange rate is smoothing indeed. 

Extremely common to load up a new uni with excess grease and almost let it expel what it doesn’t require lol 

I have this happen from all the Tailshaft big players ( Hardy spicer,GJ,TDSS ) and this is why I’ll usually put on the first 100kms/ Dyno for the customer so I can clean it all down afterwards :) 

It’s the little things ........ 

1 hour ago, k31th said:

definitely a good idea to wrap the exhaust to avoid the heat transfer to the carbon fibre, eh.

Yup, Carbon can’t take direct heat so it needs Ti 1500* wrap, it’s expensive but the only way to protect it without building cumbersome heat shielding 

qpJw7XW.jpg

2 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Had Graeme back in @HOTXR6T all the way from Tennant Creek in the N.T with a great list of mods to compliment the round one mods completed nearly this time last year :) 

So in went the following...

Venom SS cat back to suit the previously installed SS 4* Dump/cat combo 

The DriveShaftShop Carbon Fibre Tail shaft

PWR heat exchanger kit with optional Braided line upgrade

HD Half shaft upgrade 

Re seal Diff hat & service 

New door window switch
Full custom re tune on 98 fuel 

Finished up at a great 368.5rwkw @ 17psi peak boost on closed loop control 

Goes amazing now and the connection of the driveline with the carbon shaft is a massive sling shot effect which makes the car feel more like a 450kw car vs a 370 but the GTX Gen2 3576 is only just ticking along and with a bigger fuel system or E85 it would do some big numbers no worries 

bSdqNTh.jpg

PD5GScJ.jpg

6YhGVy2.jpg

haiW2sX.jpg

jFCGTnX.jpg

QK4WMeE.jpg

bkwjPGi.jpg

WxSKLrj.jpg

FcqyLw2.jpg

TQWrUgA.jpg

Nmxs0um.jpg

That's a very tidy setup. The attention to detail is to be commended.

Is the PWR transmission cooler a worthy upgrade and how does it compare to an oil to air cooler?

Thanks mate, Quality over Quantity every time and my customer base always approves, Just like Graeme. Was not interested in squeezing everything out of her but opted for the good old 75% rule, make it work but work comfortably and that’s always a good realistic target as we know a car wound up to 100% will only do it a handful of times before something gives up. 

PWR heat exchangers are NOT my recommendation as the chance of a milkshake is still a reality.... Air to Oil all day everyday. But I’m here to help and accommodate what a customer wants and everyone is entitled to an opinion especially when it’s their money ;) 

Its a Quality unit and realistically a good design for a heat exchanger if that’s what floats ya Goat 🐐 

Sure he was. There were plenty of stock motors being sent to the moon and breaking stuff/trans etc. He said that he would give customers what they want, where others wouldn't.

Nothing wrong with that, not having a go, just asking the question.

Edited by Puffwagon
comma etc

Has to be the right package, has to have the good hardware that will do it 

if everything lines up it goes as far as it can go if that’s what a customer wants within reason and obviously as things become apparent throughout the tuning you allow or stop 

it’s never been a numbers game with me ;) 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1