JETURBO

Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

Ok soo where do I start....coz honestly there is zero words to express how truly greatful I am to have my pride and joy in the hands of literally the best tuner in SA, but here goes. I dont trust anyone with my car coz im sooo ocd about it as many of you are but to me there was nothing more satisfying than dropping my beast off to azza nearly 7 weeks ago for my final round of mods knowing full well that she was in the most capable hands yet again! And there is a VERY good reason that I have stayed with azza/jdtuning over the past 4+ years. This is a big thing for me as again I want my pride and joy to be looked after. After many txts with the main man we agreed that 480-500rwkw was a realisitc goal, and yes he did give me "unbuilt engine,trans,diff" speech for which I was a little bit worried but at the same time very greatful for. So we pressed on and prayed that all would go smoothly. However, it didnt go as planned. But hey that's cars and that's the beauty of the good ol ZF. we only made 420ish on 85 and 370 on 98, was I little disappointed on these numbers? Yea sure, BUT!!! as azza is true to form he explained to me in full detail why the car couldnt take any more boost coz of clutch slip and thus couldnt make the desired power levels. Was I disappointed with the results?? Yea a little at the the time, that's because im still a rank amateur to these barra motors and to me numbers=gold, however, as azza always says its not about the numbers but how it performs on the street!! And I truly grasp the concept in its entirety now, FACT!!! am I ridiculously happy with how my beast perfoms on the street??? OMFG!!!! You better belive I am!! even on 370 on 98 it is STOOOPID quick, not to mention 420 on 85....well.....that's just another ball park of stoooopid quick that its actually quite frightening that puts a HUUUGE smile on my face every time I drive and for azz to reward me with that is truly somethn else I tell ya!!! BUT, what I would really love to point out is that yea@JETURBO makes our cars stooopid fast but that is not the be all and end all its the tireless efforts that he goes through to make sure his customers cars are exactly where they want them and this is a trait that you will not find from any other tuner in SA. the lenghts that aaron goes through for customer satisfaction.....can I say....is F'N stoooooopid craaaaaazy good!! PERIOD!! Thankyoooo soooo much for finally making my beast to what I have desired after all these looong years!! Literally can not thank you enough for all your efforts!!! As always love ya work, dion. Aka@mrpunk. Ya F'N LEGEND

Great to hear your own thoughts there Dion and Appreciate your support for little ol JD TUNING ADELAIDE over the years :) 

Love working on and Tuning your car mate and shes one heck of a strong ride now :buttrock:

Edited by JETURBO

Nice job, they are some very encouraging results from the aeroflow snail, I'm sure plenty of others have been eager to see how they perform as well!

Mine is going on next weekend all going well and if I get similar results I'll be very happy.

Longevity remains to be seen but very promising so far...

Hey Rob

Its straight out the box equipment but I drilled & tapped the boost reference port on the housing and I set the actuator exactly how I set yours up mate ;) 

The Aeroflow port & flapper worked really well so it’s a bit of a winner !

Edited by JETURBO

On 17/09/2020 at 8:40 PM, Mrpunk said:

what I would really love to point out is that @JETURBO makes our cars stooopid fast but that is not the be all and end all its the tireless efforts that he goes through to make sure his customers cars are exactly where they want them and this is a trait that you will not find from any other tuner in SA. the lenghts that aaron goes through for customer satisfaction.....can I say....is F'N stoooooopid craaaaaazy good!! PERIOD!! Thankyoooo soooo much for finally making my beast to what I have desired after all these looong years!! Literally can not thank you enough for all your efforts!!! As always love ya work, dion. Aka@mrpunk. Ya F'N LEGEND emoji869.pngemoji869.pngemoji869.pngemoji869.png

I love you @JETURBO and you have never even set eyes on my car (cos live 6150 klm round trip away)

if only you lived in QLD................................... :bye:

its funny how we get caught up on kw numbers mrpunk, take a spin down the drags have a go see what it does.

I went from 450 ish to 300 back on 98 and up to all the legal speeds in vic I keep up with the 400kws guys easy enough. 

10 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Hey Rob

Its straight out the box equipment but I drilled & tapped the boost reference port on the housing and I set the actuator exactly how I set yours up mate ;) 

The Aeroflow port & flapper worked really well so it’s a bit of a winner !

Yeah that's another nice bonus alright, shaping up to be not a bad unit at all providing they can last the distance :)

16 hours ago, Admin (as if) said:

jogged a few guys straight outta nizpro driving home as I live nearby off canterbury road

Other than the owner none of the original Nizpro guys are left now. 

How much are the Aeroflow turbos as I'm considering a Pulsar turbo? I'll probably go the GTX3584 equivalent or the 82 (like everyone!) as I don't want stupid power and would be sticking with FG intake and exhaust manifolds and internal gate on my F6X due to the expense.
Longevity isn't an issue for me anymore as I rarely drive my car...

Aeroflow turbochargers have gained over $500 RRP in about three months due to the popularity 

Its common for Garrett prices to be month depending too 

Best to always chase up a current price but you’ll be looking between $2250-$2400 for a GTX G2 3584rs comparison Aeroflow unit 

I work in sales man in the industries ive worked for never done that

only thing is they launched cheap to catch everyones attention but still early days to jack up the price being so new still 

Edited by Admin (as if)

1 hour ago, Admin (as if) said:

you cant price gouge like that just because it becomes popular 

Supply and freight costs have gone up dramatically. They probably have new employees to pay due to extra demand as well. Business is bloody hard, there are lots of costs to making it work. Don't assume people are just upping their prices and sitting back with their feet up. 

I know I order in containers of goods from overseas and know that freight companies upper there prices, a lot of people used covid as an excuse too though.

a company I worked for lately upper there price on a aussie made product this year and said due to covid, yet the supplier had no price increase. lel. 

Hey everyone, long time lurker though only just a new member. After coming across the gold mine of knowledge this forum has to offer about a year ago I came to the thought its more than fair I chuck in a buck or two to help things along so I joined up. Firstly just want to say how grateful I am to be in the presence of such knowledgeable and helpful people, the Ford groups you find on Facebook while still useful can be a nightmare with no way to sift through the bull and immaturity and at times they feel more discouraging than anything else. 

Anyway enough suckin up, you know you guys run a tight ship and its mad, thank you all! 

The fun stuff. I came across @JETURBO as well, hes everywhere on here and if you can read its easy to see he knows a mfn thang or two, so with a cracked rear housing on my crusty BA Turbo ute whats a man to do but follow the flawless testimonials of over 50 happy fast ford owners this thread alone. 

So after consulting for a few weeks over text we came up with a plan for my old betty involving these goodies

+ the PRICELESS tender love and care Aaron blessed my ute with:

Atomic Harmonic Balancer (He caught mine very very very close to falling apart)

Kpm1000's

Black oil feed line

Plazmaman Stage 2 Cooler kit in stealth black with ubi

Remove Old GT3582, Port and flap a slightly newer second hander I scored with manifold for $400 woo.

Garret 7psi asjustable actuator.

A full service then all wrapped up with a custom dyno tuney. 

These as first mods are a little backwards in ways I know but I just wanted a little noise initially

Previously stock with only a mere f6 cooler and a middle muffler delete.

Results:

So Jet did a fluckin amazing job getting out of her what he did with little room play as my 250k km old valvesprings spat the dummy hard so no big number you all to slobber over sorry, we both knew this was probably going to happen but I could not care less if im honest as my ute makes some super loud turkey noises and still feels much better with smooth power delivery where I wanted it. That said, I should stop typing because you all know how great of a bloke Mr Jeturbo is, very humble, patient and helpful, attributes that often get taken advantage of, though he seems to have a good set of boundaries regarding the way he does things which I respect highly also hope and ecourage anyone seeking his help respect all the same. Love ya work aaron thanks a million. I will be back for valvesprings dump/cat fuel pump and retune eventually, stay tuned. Post wont be so long next time SORRRYYYYY

IMG20201002232839.jpg

Edited by Blkbty22

Did he say humble .
Valve springs, zorst (surely you can get away without cats or gutting cats in SA like I've done forever in Qld?) and fuel pump then 330kw ftw.

High km's on an engine is like saying to an old woman that she's old. That bitch will slap your face and tell you to "know your place boy!"

@Blkbty22

If you wanted spooli boi noises (is that how the youngins spell it? Or Gen Soft as I like to call them ) you should have hit up Josh Chapman for his T51r mod on the stock housings (either the diy or buy his comp housing with a swap over). I've dealt with him without issues...

As for the engine@JETURBO , what's the suggested changeover km's/years/decades or stretch check on the timing chain?

Hey @Blkbty22 thanks for the kind words mate, it was my pleasure :) 

So yes Josh has come in for some work on his BA turbo ute and there was some items that went in for fun and some just needed doing. With over 250,000kms on the clock a few things had come up and only the best part were earmarked to go in but that said to have a nice induction noise throughout this process was a key element and that was achieved ;) 

So the parts list looks like this 

Plazmaman stage 2 800HP intercooler kit in stealth black

Plazmaman UBI 

KPM Streetfighter 1000cc injectors 

Turbosmart black oil line 

38mm Port & Flapper mod on a Donor housing

Donor exhaust manifold 

New SS exhaust gasket kit

New T3 flange Stud kit 

Full hot side Nordlock locking washer kit 

Garrett 7psi Adjustable actuator 

Atomic HD balancer 

Major full service
Full custom Dyno tune on 98 fuel 

Yes some items were an unknown and the chance of them being previously done was a reasonable one so we rolled the dice to not double do them unless we knew 100% that they would fail and unfortunately Yep Valve springs were one vital item that threw their hands up straight away with only starting the first full pull on the Dyno !

The factory cat was previously told to Josh that it had been “High flowed” but that turned out to not be the case also despite it looking like it may have been tampered with in years gone past. 

So unfortunately no big results numbers wise and I had to pick my battles with how I was going to proceed with the tune and that option was to bang in as much as it could handle for as long as it could handle it then turn it all off 🙈

Thems the brakes sometimes though and this was still a positive experience for Josh as it’s definitely a better street beast now at least until 5000rpm and under which is 99% of a street driven car 

Anyways here’s some pictures 

Before.....

dMD8BKA.jpg

5lcBqdV.jpg

CQaVZVh.jpg

SmDHLDP.jpg

SAxZCcc.jpg

AFTER....

LaxEbjK.jpg

8x6DJrb.jpg

Tz15z7E.jpg

2JT6M32.jpg