JETURBO

Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

Been a busy camper Lately and had old mate Adam @Box stock T. back in after not long ago doing the rear end rebuild of diff bushes and cradle “Birthday” but this time was again for another failure of the Half shaft variety lol

Drivers side inner CV chit the tin when Adam was obviously enjoying having a more complete solid rear end and sure enough the weak link passes down the line and sure enough “Boom” time. Out with the old and in with a new set of HD shafts to suit a more energetic clutch leg ;) 

S0tTrMa.jpg

JmcR9tb.jpg

pGgTgpv.jpg

Next up Had Simon @Porro track me down from an old mate who has recommended Simon give me a call to see if I could help him out with a FG mk2 Turbo ZF ute that he was looking to secure as a new daily driver for the long haul out to the Mid north for his job. Requirements were majorly along the lines of setting the ute up for reliability and having a clean bill of health, That said a full custom tune was going to be required and nothing wrong with a few tasteful mods to lift the torque and power production of the car at the same time. 

This build was definitely great fun as Simon went with my recommendations but also has a very good idea on “what’s what” as he’s no stranger to the performance scene in Adelaide ;) 

It was a Great time to use some new Tuning software that I had been playing with on my own car and delivered as expected results too. Big shout out to @rollex for having the JD TUNING ADELAIDE stable annoy him from here on in as I’m enjoying using his product for the Turbo falcon. 

VrHvvBE.jpg

Anyways on with the Ute....

FG Mk2 Turbo 

Major Turbo specific service 

Major cooling system service 

Diff service 
Plazmaman Street Airbox 
Plazmaman ITMD 

KPM Streetfighter 1000cc Injectors
Euro4 Cat de ring 

JD TUNING ADELAIDE ZF Transmission cooler kit, heat exchanger delete, Major flush, new gaskets, filters. 
JD TUNING ADELAIDE full Custom Dyno Tune using PCMtech Software 
Trico Blade wiper upgrade 

Superior Vision Australia LED Headlight upgrade, Hi - Low - Parker - Fog - Numberplate - Reverse lights 

Sperling seat covers 

Knocked out a stout 289.3rwkw @ 12.5 psi and I was extremely happy with the results considering it is largely stock standard in the realm of things :) 

cfYWD31.jpg

1Lf0ih8.jpg

yBVpSdK.jpg

RdOfjv5.jpg

bz3PgUm.jpg

O3CEYoR.jpg

HYPfxy3.jpg

Tva8ebx.jpg

jzHJXVU.jpg

ku0zHj7.jpg

GTHkGEX.jpg

Edited by JETURBO

nice work, J@

keep getting ads on facesucks for that LED kit... you get a good price compared to their website?

Simon actually supplied them I just fitted them up, Around $330 iirc 

I’m sure I could probably get a good deal on them if you want some ;) 

Hi All

I Just thought I would post up my recent experience with Aaron from JD tuning in Adelaide. I don't often post in forums, but I feel strongly enough about my experience with JD tuning that I am happy to do so. I have been looking for a FG Mk 2 Ute for about 6 months, After a recent inter-company transfer where I transitioned from a FIFO role to a DIDO role my accountant instructed me to "buy a Ute".

I have been into fords for a long time and had read allot of stuff about the legendary "Barra" engine that I thought I might as well buy a Ford FG XR6T Ute. I found a very low km FG Mk 2 XR6T for a decent price, then started looking around for someone to do the mods to it to prevent the commons faults in these vehicles from creating a reliability issue for me. I drive long distances on a regular basis so I need something reliable and comfortable with relatively good fuel economy (compared to a 2000 HZJ105R Land cruiser). 

I looked around online at a few different workshops and what they had to offer, then found this forum and started reading. I am no stranger to the performance game, am a qualified mechanic (heavy diesel) but no very little about modern engines especially petrol ones. I have a few muscle cars and have always been into the V8 carbie old school scene. Buying a late model falcon is a first for me... I have always driven older cars that I felt comfortable working on myself. 

Through an old mate, I had heard of Aaron and some of the things he used to do in the early days, but had no idea that he was still into the turbo falcon scene or whatever you call it. 

I ended up working out that JETURBO was the same guy and JD tuning Adelaide is the name he operates under, I contacted him on this forum via message and asked what he could do for me with the new Ute. Again... I am not chasing big HP as some of you on this site are. I am looking for reliability, improved drive ability and improved fuel economy. I have to drive this thing about 800 kms a week so a fire breathing monster that makes 700 HP probably won’t suit my application. 

Aaron gave me a list of "must do" mods and provided a comprehensive "package" to suit what I wanted. He also went into detail about what he was doing and why, all of which I understood. 

I decided to go with the package Aaron suggested, I will be honest and say I was a little apprehensive at first. I have been burnt a couple times recently and am naturally cynical/suspicious of people I don't know or who haven't been recommended by someone I trust. 

I am glad I did. 

Not only did Aaron Deliver everything he promised he absolutely exceeded my expectations of what kind of result I was going to get. Ute is smoother, has more torque, seems to deliver its power in a more linear way, not so punchy and uncontrolled. On the way home from picking up the Ute I turned off traction control and fed it a bit of right foot. I’ll be honest, I sh*t myself and turned traction control back on deciding it better to drive within my limitations and actually make it home. 

As for reliability and fuel economy, I have to start piling on the kms to be able to give an honest response, I will post up some data once I have some. 

I have inspected all of Aaron's work and have found it to be of a very high standard. 

After building my XY Fairmont I understand what it takes to do a quality job and just how much work goes in to it all.

So the result was fantastic and I am really impressed with the standard of work provided by JD tuning

I am equally impressed with the service and communication Aaron provided while he was doing the job. He sent constant photos and updates on job progress, kept me in the loop with every development in a timely manner. I asked him to install seat covers and a LED light upgrade package I supplied. Nothing was too hard for him and he happily fitted these items for me and expected nothing for it. I actually felt like I was taking advantage and offered to pay for the extra jobs a couple of times, all of which he refused.

In my opinion Aaron is a true gentlemen, has a high standard, is honest and shows a high level of integrity in all of the dealings I have had with him so far. 

I could not recommend him more if you are looking for some one knowledgeable with these turbo falcons to do some work for you. 

I am a complete newbie to this scene and Aaron certainly looked after my best interests and vehicle as it was his own. 

Sorry if I have come across a bit long winded but for the sake of accuracy and an honest review of my experience I thought it best to provide some background.

Thank you for the review Simon I’m blushing ☺️

I feel very humbled by the situation and hopefully this helps the next bloke who comes along looking for the right place in Adelaide to work on their Turbo falcon !

By the way, I forgot to tell you all that he fitted these awesome wiper blades... again  at no extra cost. I think he posted a pic of them. They actually work really well, as he told me they would.

You know what Aaron, I don't care what they say about you, your not bad hey.

Lol

Good stuff as always snotter.

PS, Mod the new one already.

Thanks mate haha 

Dude, I’ve got a half finished Transmission cooler fitted to my car, it’s not even plumbed up yet ... I have zero time lately to do anything of choice as I’ve spent a lot of free time playing with software and so on and keeping customers happy is a priority. 

I’ve  got a few things lined up but in due course mate ;) 

I know that feeling mate, got the clutch waiting to go in to the ute but been working 6 days since the rona started off. Leaving the ute alone for a bit and racking up the OT, hard to say no when it's there.

Hello  I a would like to say thank you to Aaron  from JD tuning Adelaide for the fantastic job he done on my G6E turbo. He's workmanship exceeded my expectations. My car turned out way better than I thought but everything he said it  would . He's knowledge of these cars is excellent. I will going back if I need any more mechanical work done to my car. I would highly recommend Aaron JD tuning to anyone in Adelaide  Thanks  David

On 27/06/2020 at 5:52 PM, Porro said:

In my opinion Aaron is a true gentlemen, has a high standard, is honest and shows a high level of integrity in all of the dealings I have had with him so far.

I could not recommend him more if you are looking for some one knowledgeable with these turbo falcons to do some work for you.

we love you @JETURBO ❤️

11 hours ago, david g6eturbo said:

Hello  I a would like to say thank you to Aaron  from JD tuning Adelaide for the fantastic job he done on my G6E turbo. He's workmanship exceeded my expectations. My car turned out way better than I thought but everything he said it  would . He's knowledge of these cars is excellent. I will going back if I need any more mechanical work done to my car. I would highly recommend Aaron JD tuning to anyone in Adelaide  Thanks  David

Hi David

Appreciate you joining up to let others know how your experience went with me and having you car modified and tuned :) 

Looking forward to seeing them new rims on the beast when you finally decide what you want ;) 

Cheers

Had a massive write up done but the forum chit the tin x40 so I’ve given up for now, I’ll re do it all again later 

keith, phucking lift the 10min edit time to 20 for christ sake bro.... 

VqFOaCt.jpg

If it fails and when you get back to the page and it has nothing in the edit box, always refresh the page... if there's something there in the edit box, copy or cut everything in the edit box then refresh. If what you copy/cut is still in the edit box, go nuts and post it. If the data isn't in the edit box, then make sure to paste it in from when you copied it. Then go forth and multiply :P

also you have 20min as a Silver DM -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/72533-donations-why-donate/

Seriously all of the above wasn’t working 

Trust me it’s done it quite a few times when I have lots of txt and photos and linked in members it can freak out and just not post even though the editor box it full of the post and goes through the process like it’s going to but then just sits at the top of the page where it will normally take you to the last post 

And no, threw me out twice at the 10min mark 

something is going on ..... 

Maybe I’ll do it from the PC like a 2004 numpty 😴

if the URL has "&failedReply1" then going back and refreshing should get rid of it and your symptoms "should" go away... typical iPhone behaviour in safari timing out or faulting to the forum's back-end gives that error.

PC FTW! :bangcomputer: