JETURBO

Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

Thanks.

Most the time it fires, flares, then comes back and sounds like it's cammed to the max then dies, or studders and leveles out.

I really should get a wideband to see what it's doing.

Also I ❤️ Bananasing lol at the expensive Daewoo edit keithy

Why does it retard it to warm the system. The later you ignite it, the more that goes out the exhaust, I would guess, if it's it earlier/on time to generate coolant temp.

1 hour ago, gaz097 said:

Going to need to use emojis only, as a Tapatalk user here

who cares about tapafark... it sucks.

15 hours ago, gaz097 said:

Why does it retard it to warm the system. The later you ignite it, the more that goes out the exhaust, I would guess, if it's it earlier/on time to generate coolant temp.

What’s unique about cylinder events with retarded timing ?

What’s unique about EGT’s with retarded timing ? 

To make these questions relevant 

Why do we advance timing heavily when a car is fitted with a poor quality port & flapper modification and trying to maintain a peak boost target with an already negative maxed DC ? 

For anyone who doesn’t know it’s somewhere in the first 20 pages on this thread when I had the chance to datalog a vehicle fitted with an EGT probe ;) 

#Mazda121 

#Lotsof*CPer*timing 

If you’re struggling to understand semi technical talk I can bring it right down to paper and crayons if that’s more your level @arronm ??

Always here to help Mr can’t handle his Sherbets............ 😜

Well got some clearance may 10-15mm, not sure that's enough? Played with the hangers, hard af to bend though. Probably needs and exhaust shop to properly sort it out though at least im happy to drive it now

1a64205861240d68a202b67ce50d14c4.jpg

18a7505ac04a0199190f74f03e69e1d3.jpg

588e74605888b204f97633ea5eb394fb.jpg

Looks good enough to test out at least, how much does it wiggle now its all bent up to suit ?

I can still push it away from the tailshaft about the same amount so probably a fair amount. Ill get it looked at see what can be done.

Quick drive and it definitely feels faster, pretty savage low down in second. Hard to explain but maybe the slingshot analagy mentioned above. Also feels smoother cruising along.

31 minutes ago, arronm said:

not sure about stiffy

And I’m done......I’m outa here, Cheers thanks, ta

I have a single piece CF shaft myself and love it. I've read that they dont handle heat well (super close to zorst) and this drastically reduces strength. Is there much truth to this?

Correct hence why I heat wrapped mine. Itll make the carbon fibre brittle and snap. 138 degrees it needs to be under.

Have u run the quarter or anything? How long u had it?

10 hours ago, Bulletime said:

Correct hence why I heat wrapped mine. Itll make the carbon fibre brittle and snap. 138 degrees it needs to be under.

Have u run the quarter or anything? How long u had it?

I think if your after quarter mile time improvement, the money is better spent elsewhere. 

Had a great time looking after Chris’s beautiful FG Mk2 Turbo last week and whilst I was “Looking after it” it might of had a bunch of great quality Mods installed 😜

Lameee I know but I still really enjoy doing what I do for the members on here and when they opt to do it “Right” who wouldn’t enjoy the process ! 

First round of mods was completed a few months back to give some additional induction noise and get some hardware in that can be used to couple up with a more complete package later and later was now ;)  @rtslbd had been in contact and through some communication he went for the good quality options over cheaper and it’s always worth the extra... The cost is long forgotten when the quality remains fellas :) 

Plazmaman full stage 2 pipe kit

Plazmaman 800HP stealth black intercooler 

Plazmaman 4* race intake and battery relocation kit 

Venom full turbo back system 
New 02 sensor 

Walbro in tank Hi Flow Fuel pump

KPM streetfighter 1000cc injectors 

JD TUNING ADELAIDE custom ZF transmission cooler, Full ZF flush & service 

JD TUNING ADELAIDE custom Dyno tune 
JD TUNING ADELAIDE custom ZF tune 

Hit the Dyno and laid down a best of 319 rwkw but come into early stage valve float which was a shame as the car only has ~80,000kms on the clock so had to bring it back to a repeatable 309rwkw @14.8 psi but holding steady to redline here so that’s where she stayed 😎

Not a bad result especially with some soft semi’s on the rims - Re003’s but the final result is definitely how it performs on the street now. I’ll let Chris reply in due course and hopefully he can fill in the gaps here as I can only do so much up to the speed limits ;) 

Anyways here is some happy snaps ! 

ZeAdgNt.jpg

4mBdBLq.jpg

bX0f7w0.jpg

q9cjwsv.jpg

1eHxr8H.jpg

Jaebd3T.jpg

MkQcJ55.jpg

Huge thanks to @JETURBO for being so helpful when it came to all my questions and  for transforming my car from completely stock to what it is now. I haven't had a chance to really drive it properly yet but hoping the weather forecast for Sunday holds firm ;) 

I've been fortunate enough that during the current climate I've been able to work from home over the last 2 months and I've actually managed to save a bit of coin so figured why not, I know I'm eventually going to do all this so why not do it in one go. One phone call, a couple of texts and everything was ordered. @JETURBO kept me updated every step of the way as each item arrived and has a knack for always building up the excitement. 

The cars had a pretty good run so far so the valve springs giving out a little bit seems about right, and that will be next on my list to sort out and I'll definitely be going back to @JETURBO to organise that when the missus forgives me for spending this much on my car 😬😅

From the couple of quick drives where I have put the foot down a little the car has completely transformed. The sound is amazing and I haven't been pushed back into my seat since owning my old JZA70 R Supra some time ago. Speaking of sound, zero drone on the Venom system - highly recommend to anyone. The drive home from Aarons involved a trip down the expressway at 90 and 110kmph, so in that 1.5-1.8k RPM range and it was perfect - no drone at all.

For anyone in SA that stumbles across this thread just like I did, if you want a personal, genuinely nice person who has a passion for the XR6T platform to work on your pride and joy and do it right don't bother going to the big workshops. Hit up @JETURBO and get it done right. 

I'll be sure to post again after I've put the car through her paces, and can't wait for a cruise to catch up with everyone. 

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by rtslbd

On 17/05/2020 at 4:56 PM, Bulletime said:

Well got some clearance may 10-15mm, not sure that's enough? Played with the hangers, hard af to bend though. Probably needs and exhaust shop to properly sort it out though at least im happy to drive it now

1a64205861240d68a202b67ce50d14c4.jpg

18a7505ac04a0199190f74f03e69e1d3.jpg

588e74605888b204f97633ea5eb394fb.jpg

How much did the tail shaft cost?

On 22/05/2020 at 9:07 PM, JETURBO said:

MkQcJ55.jpg

The problem with the FG's (F6 excepted) is you don't see any real gains until the turbo is replaced with a GTX Gen2 or similar. There's an easy 100rwkw to be had with a turbo upgrade.

Nice result nevertheless.