JETURBO

Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

I looked at the single post but found they (imo) restrict to much space under the car due to the bulky arms having to reach across and support the other side of the car.
Great idea though and being a trolley jack essentially means placement is infinite...
Haha I didn't even know they existed! I was just being stupid.

Had Martin give me a call due to some “Hectic” noises coming from his FGX G6ET and without “to much” interrogation I managed to pin point beyond a doubt what it was and sure enough the flex plate had come loose. Bit devastated as he had been to another workshop previously to have a Pitlane Performance HD flex plate installed with ARP bolts, unfortunately the best parts can’t work correctly with less than correct installation methods in place !

To say he was beyond annoyed and zero chance of returning to said workshop I agreed to tackle the job but on only my way or the Flintstones highway as I’m not into doing things twice ! Nothing wrong with the Pitlane flex plates but I knew it would be “beaten” up after coming loose so it was onto Brad from Atomic for the best of the best with his full HD billet kit ;) 

Whilst the ZF was coming out it was time to hit it up with a major Flush, new filter and gasket and fill with good mate Gulf Western SYN TS oil. Spent time re dressing all mating surfaces and blind threads ready for the new gear and a correct installation ! 

All said and done Martin is one happy camper again 

RqWyDKE.jpg

mBDWLDS.jpg

g6Uh2TP.jpg

87XzAca.jpg

GZW6bUW.jpg

HoVWcw4.jpg

Eqq51f5.jpg

y82J2G3.jpg

Edited by JETURBO

I wonder why Atomic use a plated bolt for the flexplate  

That atomic flexplate is really nice. 

Edited by arronm

it's bad when you pay someone to do a job and they can't follow simple instructions, a little bit of Loctite could have saved him some money

Mick if they didn’t use loctite the chances of them using a correct torque sequence and a torque wrench would be minimal one would think ..... 🤔

x3 Dugger Dugger’s on the rattle gun please 🙃

^ yeah the whole “oh the stud was broken when we took the nut off” 

yeah righto farkwit, and no, you’re not charging me for new wheel studs! 🤣

Edited by MBAF

Had Rich back in for the next round of mods and this was a long time coming as he’s been very happy with the first round of mods for quite some time. Eventually it gets everyone though as power is addictive !

Out with the factory intercooler and in with a Plazmaman 800hp Polished core, new silicone joiners to suit his already fitted alloy pipe kit 

Out with the factory cat back exhaust and in with a X-Force 409 SS un polished cat back system in 3.5* 

Major service

Major cooling system service 

Differential service 

Re tune on 98 fuel 

Finished up at a comfortable 321rwkw @ 15 psi flat 

Goes really well and smokes the Nitto Invos hard in the first three gears ;) 

zmRJP7h.jpg

1FgErmq.jpg

ASQWTsC.jpg

YdQyffR.jpg

LnamvGS.jpg

My Office 

cofLmsU.jpg

CyJAjtl.jpg

zVOFWyy.jpg

Had a new face in with Chris recently purchasing this BA turbo that had a short list of mods and accessories but he wanted me to check the car over, knock out a service and then check it on the Dyno with some data logging and a general opinion of the current tune performed by a company that’s located in SA’s mid north.

Now this is what came out and obviously far from optimal for the weakest of all turbo engines but for the people with not so great eyes yes that’s 17psi on the hit 

on the up side the fuel was somewhat controlled but the fact the intercooler was a Ebay ( Wog cooler ) and IAT’s cracked 80*c by 6250rpm and over 12* of advanced timing the knock box was having a red hot spazz and getting way to excited for what should be delivered. All said and done there’s room for instant improvement even on the current list of mods !

l2d2T5N.jpg

StnrKRl.jpg

wTms10x.jpg

8ja5q9m.jpg

Had Mark @Boosted Blu in for a set of Brembo 6 pot fronts and 4 pot rears with Series T3 5000’s up front and T3 4000’s on the rear Then some “Brake-safe” braided lines all round

Why ? 

Well he had to fill the massive wheels that he’s just got on the ute and what better way to go about it than some stealth black units with the white decals. Still even though the Brembo 4 pot rears are big But nothing looks big with 11.5* x 20* Ferrada FR2 rims wrapped in 305/30 Michelin Pilot sport 4’s and all snuggled down on the Shockworks shocks and King spring HD SSL leafs With the MalWood Automotive Anti tramp control bars I installed last year 

Amazing, yeh it looks killer and what a excellent way to tie together not only the 500rwkw it makes but with stance, looks and now big stopping power to pull it all up, Have to hand it to Mark for piecing together a great combo and I’m stoked to have been the one to build this ute from stock to what it is now :) 

KBGu8lg.jpg

ptngWDg.jpg

jkrf9iP.jpg

aAfxgK7.jpg

01JLBuv.jpg

zsgdGlG.jpg

v3taCpN.jpg

7LUOcji.jpg

that's a beautiful setup... tell him to come back on here and make his own build thread if he's willing to splash like that on suspension/wheels/tyres :)