JETURBO

Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

Yeh the VF Clubsport is goneee but what I will say is I had it for 4.5 years and it didn’t require anything more than 1 set of brake pads front and back, three sets of tyres over 85,000kms and regular servicing 

never let me down, never needed a tow,jump start or anything silly, no worn bushes or suspension parts. No squeaks or rattles nothing at all

I did upgrade the Transmission pan to the deep Camaro one and give the trans a flush out with new filter and gasket at 70,000kms and did diff oil every 20,000kms but it really isn’t anything to write home about. All in all it was actually a very good experience and wouldn’t have an issue owning another one again “IF” we still built them but we don’t without a doubt 9-10 for an Aussie built car 

The Sprint should of been what was a benchmark at around 2010 minimum as it’s finally “refined” to an acceptable standard and feels complete so far. Loads of different things separate a Sprint from a FG turbo and I’m ok with it but we all know what happens with a falcon at 100,000kms   ( diff bushes,rattles,squeeks,turbo’s start to fail ) and I’m looking forward to that ( not lol ) 

One final chance ( within reason ) to own a one off Aussie legend and meet the needs of what I have to achieve for progression on some new parts for my customers :) 

Ya can’t R&D on a customers car ;)  

That’s kind of my point Arron, The HSV was a good bus, Anyway some might know some won’t but ford changed the diff bushes and kept revising them all the way up to 2016 and it’s very obvious that the manual FGX’s I see come through with factory bushes are doing well considering 

I rarely push customers to go the IMS as it’s just noisy no matter which way you go about it but it’s the trade off for a final solution. I’ve got a great selection of bushes I use and so far going the distance very well and it’s ( IMHO ) all about the installation :) 

Ok Chaps

Had the Sprint on the Dyno this morning to lay down x3 consecutive back to back runs whilst data logging everything I needed too, not a massive result but definitely answers if the Euro4 cat they have fitted has the restrictor ring fitted or not lol. Obviously yes is the answer.

The tune looks like something someone would construct when not having a dyno to use or any kind of tooling lol as the AFR was smacking in hard and fast 10.0’s to redline and a very ordinarily Timing scale ..... cummon Ford ! Anywhoo I dare say it’ll return easy gains with a de ring and tune only ;) 

260rwkw ballpark and 11psi peak even with overboost doing what it needed to do 

in Due course I’ll do some things to it and come back with some more results fir the people who want to keep up with it 

7 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

10.0’s to redline and a very ordinarily Timing scale .....

For the turkeys who wanna run e10 all day. 

Yeh not the worst but I honestly thought it could go higher from it’s seat of the pants Dyno...

Yar indeed Nathan, always have to allow for plumpkins 

Time for tune only and back on the rollers. Dont mod nothing.   Push the pump , injectors , boost and timing to a safe limit. Reckon you can get 10 -20 rwkw, maybe more. ??

This is a great chance to document exactly what RWKW can be gained from each mod. Then you can develop some great packages. 

Edited by arronm

13 hours ago, JETURBO said:

The tune looks like something someone would construct when not having a dyno to use or any kind of tooling lol as the AFR was smacking in hard and fast 10.0’s to redline and a very ordinarily Timing scale ..... cummon Ford ! Anywhoo I dare say it’ll return easy gains with a de ring and tune only ;) 

I actually spoke to the people who did the tune. They didn't have any budget for the tune so they just ran 10:1 AFR to ensure the motor wouldn't blow up. Not joking, this is what I heard from a calibrator in the powertrain department.

I don't even believe that tune saw a dyno, maybe 1 hour on the PC and that is it. The timing is... interesting. They ping their head off stock if you load them up down low with any mods. Have a look at the timing at 1200 rpm, if you manage to somehow load it up (drop the clutch) and the revs dip that low it would be interesting once you apply the 0.68 lambda timing adder to it.

image.png.15479fc7394aa8662289eca2abf86574.png

Edited by rollex

What the map is requesting isn’t what’s being delivered hence why I wanted to do a bit of logging on it as the calibration looks “interesting” but it’s not delivering what it first looks like, they’ve really used adders and subtractors to do the work especially as it’s “overboost” featured and everything has to fall away when “outside” the parameters. 

Definitely room to improve quite quickly :)

Yeh maybe, the realist in me knows there’s not much more flow in that factory ring but for the point of R&D maybe I will just see what it can do. 

In other news 

Had Paul track me down after hearing good things about what I can do and offer people with their turbo falcons and I’m sure @hopper8 has something to do with it so thanks Josh :) 

Paul just bought himself a 2010 FG G6ET with 125,000kms on the clock and isn’t big into what’s what when it comes to the falcon so he did the best due diligence in regards to having a RAA inspection done before purchasing but wanted a second opinion and a chance to bring the car well up to scratch service wise. 

Initial inspection was ok from RAA but they’re not looking for the things that tell a more complete story and this one had a story to tell .... in short it was heavily modified and a very good job of returning to stock was done and I mean very good with hose clamp caps put back on, injector hold clips and everything 

Part of this was to apply a stage 1 pack to his new car which now includes 

Major service

major cooling system service 

diff service 

Alloy pipe kit 

intake muffler delete kit

alloy TB pipe 

KPM 1000 injectors 

euro 4 de ring 

air box modification 

full custom Dyno tune 

and he wanted his brake calipers painted blue so why not, whatever makes a bloke happy :) 

The part I/we just couldn’t foresee was the fact his valvesprings are so bad it just couldn’t let me create any more power than around 250rwkw without becoming very unstable which the Dyno graph clearly shows.... This is the first time I’ve seen valvesprings this bad ever but hey that’s the luck of the draw with a vehicle that’s been modified previously. Wrapped it up for now but going to do a set of atomic HD springs,intercooler,Dump pipe and cat and one of my ZF transmission cooler kits to make it a complete package 

5d004841456eb26155.jpg

5d0048431231474903.jpg

5d004844d1ecb15779.jpg

5d004849e953b54505.jpg

5d00484b87b6d45465.jpg

5d0048465da5e23030.jpg

5d004848612b141318.jpg

Because they run so rich they really use the lambda spark adders quite a bit.

image.png.49520c318bb90e0f560c7da2b8dfb04c.png

image.png.d1f6a5792b50ffada99fa4d76c835daa.png

Eg by redline it will be 0.67 lambda commanded (must be close to misfiring!) which adds 6.25 degrees of spark. But if you managed to get it to 2.0 load at 1200rpm somehow, it'll still be running 9 degrees of timing, that would be interesting!

Edited by rollex

20 hours ago, JETURBO said:

always have to allow for plumpkins 

I'm not sure my wife would agree, can't hurt to ask though right?! 

#superplumpkin