Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

Yes mate I could take that NOS short and have it ready with some atomic 698 rods and anything else that you would want, do a full top end and bolt it all together, install it,tune it and have it ready to go ;) 

Im more inline with using a good atomic rod vs a spool or cheaper option as the market is flooded with cheap Chinese poor quality material rods and has been for some time and the quality and guaranteed results you get from Atomic or higher end spec rods are always worth the extra $$

Had a big start to the year helping a bunch of members and mates out with getting their vehicles ready for 2019 and this always includes the basic schedule services that are critical for happy healthy engines. 

Also gives me a good chance to check over any modifications that had been installed and general wear and tear from power gains too 

started off with Waynes turbo after he had been out at Mallala where he joined in a open track day and managed to get his 294rwkw MCA coilovered FG to 1.25.4 laps and that’s not bad imho for a first timer in a barge ! 

pmaX3Zh8j

Then had Andrew’s FGX XR8 in that I tuned a few months back ( 288rwkw upto 359rwkw )  it’s 45,000km service with the correct grade 5-20 fully synthetic oil and Genuine motorcraft oil filter and a recharge of his pod filter, had some excess wear on rear trailing arm bushes but they can be fixed next time as they’re not completely “had it” yet 

pmQpoJAyj

Had Vince in with his BF mk2 F6 Typhoon for a service and new front rotors as the Genuine factory rotors were heavily “lipped” and almost at minimum thickness so the DBA 4000’s went on coupled up with the DBA sp500 pads 

plZM7NJ8j

pm2pHNZEj

Then had @hopper8 in for a service and check over of a rear end knock that’s also turned out to be excess wear of trailing arm bushes but also some factory fitted rear shocks that are also noisy so when the time is right we will swop out both shocks and fit some new arm bushes to eliminate all issues once and for all :) 

Then had Nathaniel in with his DevilXr FG ute for a scheduled service and a final clean and dress up of his ute in preparations for the Mount Compass ute muster car show where he took out 2nd place in highest power ute ( 333rwkw ) and 2nd place in best work ute and to say he was stoked was an understatement  🍻

pnuvkSAUj

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the privilege but unfortunate to have Darrell back in after giving the limiter a bit if a bash in his FG Mk2 XR6T a few weeks back and completely lunched his factory oil pump gears and this lead a

Thanks for the kind words Dazza     Some simple stuff but interesting all the same for me last week starting with @Roo32 coming in for a service,Jonny Tig 4* race intake and battery relocati

Most already know why we/I chose to give it up but for the rest who would like to wonder why we gave up a great little thing is because life is to short basically.My dad had a heart attack while playi

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Barra747 said:

@JETURBO

Hi Jet and Thankyou for your input much appreciated. Depends on the $$ situation I’d love to go the atomic route but the NOS BA short will properly suffice. 

Im going to have to pull the BTR soon and send it over to Preston’s to get the works done. 

Looking at around 330-350kw at the treads through a 3000 stall.

Could you point me in the right direction regarding getting some rods in this BA short ? I assume you can do all of that anyway ? 

Cheers

Just get Jet to build you an engine.. Start with  second hand motor or yours that's in the car now.

• Thanks 1

@Barra747 seriously just get jeturbo to fix you up. do it once properly mate. build/tune/parts the lot. you wont be disappointed. 

good to see your a busy bee jetters,

any feedback yet from anyone on the new dba disc and pads combo?

• Thanks 1

It's your money but  unless you want to do things twice go with jets recommendation. All your really buying is the block, pistons & rods. Everything else gets binned. Ring him & discuss what you want out of the vehicle, give him your budget & take his advice very seriously. He's honest & he knows what he's talking about

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Ford Freak said:

any feedback yet from anyone on the new dba disc and pads combo?

Yeh Trent

really good cold bite and warm to hot pedal feel and definitely a great option pad 

probably more dust than the Pmu’s I like to run but it’s a good pad and will continue to use and recommend them ;) 

very cheap too

• 1 month later...

Has been a very busy time for me lately but still managing to get everyone looked after and their cars sorted.

Had @FormulaFG bring in his immaculate as new FG mk2 turbo in for one of my custom ZF transmission coolers and full flush service and at the same time complete a engine service with inline filter removal, It’s important to follow up on regular scheduled services as you manage to find little things early on that could become big things later and this was exactly one of these times with the alternator bracket bolt working it’s way out and that’s never going to end well if it came out 🙃

5c79ba5562649.jpg

5c79bb1c5f411.jpg

5c79bb19dd791.jpg

5c79bab5d94a2.jpg

5c79bab3a324f.jpg

Then back onto Adams FG Xr6t M6 wanting a bit more sound from his previous set up ( high flow stock cat and advanced single 3.5 system ) so it was time to include a Venom 4* Dump and cat combo, new style Bosch O2 sensor, port and flapper modification to 38mm and a full custom retune on 98 fuel. Finished up at 317rwkw but it was over 38* ambient that day and easily over 40* in the dyno cell so big numbers were never going to happen on the little turbocharger ! 

It was all in there though as I got to lift boost up to a peak of 14psi and now turns the big 275 rears in third gear which is exactly what he wanted ! 

5c79bd286350d.jpg

5c79bd227a992.jpg

5c79bd253346d.jpg

5c79bd1f4a90d.jpg

5c79bdaa3c22d.jpg

Then on to my good mate Darryl.... he sent me a TXT with this picture in it ......

5c79be989fddd.jpg

Needless to say he was in for a world of hurt...... Had a bit of a sprint with a Calais and tagged the limiter a bit too hard for a touch too long and then you get this .....

5c79c086bb707.jpg

5c79bf644e5ba.jpg

5c79bf5f86dae.jpg

5c79bf61ecf77.jpg

Its been one hell of a journey and we’re close to starting her up again but here’s a sneak peak of what’s in store as obviously once you’ve got a engine out you “may as well” the saying goes ;) 

5c79c118dc6d7.jpg

• Like 4

Can’t help what was factory fitted but we definitely can control what we install afterwards

This is now full of top quality Atomic parts now including complete race oil pump assembly and street balancer just to name a few 😎

• Like 3

Yeh the calais won lol 

the fuel system is built for ~400rwkw and the brand new NPC clutch kit going in is rated for 430rwkw so I dare say I’ll bring it up to where everything is happy and leave it there ;) 

Yes manual but I’ve done a few ZF auto ones as any limiter basing with anything Barra ends in tears ! 

11 hours ago, JETURBO said:
Yes manual but I’ve done a few ZF auto ones as any limiter basing with anything Barra ends in tears ! 

I tend to do it a bit with 1st gear in the Territory! Think I need a shift light on at 4500rpm for my slow shift reaction.....

• Like 1

Honestly short shift all day erry day with the zf 1-2 as it just doesn’t need to rev out and goes heaps better loading up the turbo on the short shift !

Pump gears fail not based on power output but on shock loading and in a best case like above it'll blow the gear out the housing and everything else is fine but on a worst case the chain jumps off and bends a bunch of valves and damages piston tops which happened to one of my ZF customers

I get my best jump start on most cars with 1st gear but sometimes forget it revs out really quick so buy the time I shift 2nd gear it has a massive hiccup and what sounds like misfiring. It doesn't do it all the time so I'm struggling to pinpoint it but just assume it's the rev limiter!?

1 hour ago, JETURBO said:

Honestly short shift all day erry day with the zf 1-2 as it just doesn’t need to rev out 

I just floor it in drive or per/drive and let the ZF do it's thing

is that bad?

wheels spin up too quick on the road in 1st for me to change manually (cos slow reacting old bastard)

found that out at the drag strip, too slow on the manual change

went from per/auto @13.4 to manual change @15:0 cos hitting limiter,

Edited by bloodycrashboy

On a stock tune ZF turbo falcon you can get away with just letting the ZF do it’s thing in Auto without shifting but once we start tuning the engine and lifting the power up the 1st gear can be extremely quick and catch the limiter before engaging the shift to second

The easiest way to avoid tagging the limiter is “Feeling” the car at the point where it’s about to break traction and go mental and snapping second ( around about 4000rpm ) this will engage the second gear as first is spinning up the tyres and seamlessly transition 

if you have over say 330rwkw you can typically grab third at the same point and reel it out in third for a smoke show ;) 

this all really does happen without looking at the dash and just pre judging the cars feel under acceleration

• Like 2

Just the 1-2 so you stay away from the limiter 

very few people can manage to pin the gas and get the 1-2 change perfect with around 300rwkw for some reason as it’s over very fast so the operator needs to react faster than the car 

at the drags everyone stuffs the shifts up but I tell all my customers to change the 1-2 at 4000rpm and by the time their eye sees 4000 come up, their hand move, the ZF engage it’s already at 5500rpm and close to limiter then I say do the 2-3 at 5200rpm and it’s in by 6000rpm and then the 3-4 at 5500rpm and it’s in by 6000rpm also and this usually nails the fastest ET on the day 

I’ll data log their runs and can let them know to react faster or slower on the shifts 

at the drags I don’t look at the dash at all 

stage it up with a boost gauge 

then feel everything else out and check my logs afterwards which always show bang on timing, takes a bit to get used to but it’s not that hard 

• Like 4

Territory on the street is how I roll (no drag strip) and awd lets me have full reign without wheelspin most of the time. Stalling to long will spin so generally only a full throttle 2 seconds before I'm off the brake.
Would be nice to have data logging with PCMTEC already and my xcal3 needs updating via a tuner/software owner before I can use it. Already been through it and it requires an SCT owner which every shop wants $200 just to update it hence why I haven't.....lol.
Should I start a new thread? I need advice on a wideband AFR preferably with E85% etc etc built in that will connect to a laptop for when PCMTEC logging is sorted.
Etc, etc, etc etc etc......