JETURBO

Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

Had Dion @Mrpunk bring his FG turbo back in for the next round of mods whilst trying to hit a few key marks along the way involving E85 swop over and a louder tone to his X-Force twin 2.5* SS system

major service schedule and obviously one of my ZF transmission cooler kits ;) 

Anyone following along might remember he had previously been a customer of a workshop in the Pt Adelaide area and I re tuned it to suit Dion better and finished up at 305rwkw @ 14.2 psi 

Now was time to finally get rid of the standard ZF heat exchanger and fit one of my kits coupled up with a full flush and new filter and gasket and not a day too soon with 110,000kms on the clock ! 

Looking for a better note from the exhaust system Dion wanted a centre muffler delete done and on the twin 2.5* SS system it was done to a high standard being replacement SS piping in 2.5* and Genuine Xforce three bolt flanges to make it a proper “Bolt in” section that can at anytime bolt back out and the Xforce muffler can go back in ;) 

After a major engine service and setting things ready to suck some E85 it was time to pump dry the tank of 98 fuel and fill er up with the ethanol goodness of 85% 

hitting the rollers and still supporting one of the worst aftermarket intercoolers known to man ( Ebay special no cut bolt in ) I pushed this little duck to a pretty much known potential limit of the GT3576 which is 350rwkw @ 14.8 psi on E85 and taking gains everywhere of a substantial amount. Had to settle back to 346rwkw for some consistency :) 

The power output on the street is blistering night and day difference and really letting the crappy cooler do the best it can and I’m actually impressed it went so far. That said a large amount of time went into adjusting modifiers to cope with a IAT scale that climbs as fast as the rev/speed graph in the north direction lol 

Anyway I think @Mrpunk is happy again ! 

eFp5YB.jpg

HZmcfJ.jpg

O2a7Ok.jpg

mBDG5D.jpg

lzlu2p.jpg

Ew7UQz.jpg

cx0YGr.jpg

Yep the “D” part of JD TUNING definitely pulls his weight hahaha

on that note I got some new tools from the better half @Frederick for my birthday last week, suits all my other Milwaukee gear too that's usually being played with by Jr these days 

loving the battery rachet and always need bigger batterys for the other tools 

solid shout out to @OZYWALKER for the Rattle gun in the box, she’s a beauty ;) 

8eYFNK.jpg

Crappy coolers are a thing now lol ;) 

nar, just me but the names stuck xD 

along with my multiple Facebook/Instagram pages hahaha.... ture, not true hahaha 

Had Dion [mention=91260]Mrpunk[/mention] bring his FG turbo back in for the next round of mods whilst trying to hit a few key marks along the way involving E85 swop over and a louder tone to his X-Force twin 2.5* SS system

major service schedule and obviously one of my ZF transmission cooler kits  

Anyone following along might remember he had previously been a customer of a workshop in the Pt Adelaide area and I re tuned it to suit Dion better and finished up at 305rwkw @ 14.2 psi 

Now was time to finally get rid of the standard ZF heat exchanger and fit one of my kits coupled up with a full flush and new filter and gasket and not a day too soon with 110,000kms on the clock ! 

Looking for a better note from the exhaust system Dion wanted a centre muffler delete done and on the twin 2.5* SS system it was done to a high standard being replacement SS piping in 2.5* and Genuine Xforce three bolt flanges to make it a proper “Bolt in” section that can at anytime bolt back out and the Xforce muffler can go back in  

After a major engine service and setting things ready to suck some E85 it was time to pump dry the tank of 98 fuel and fill er up with the ethanol goodness of 85% 

hitting the rollers and still supporting one of the worst aftermarket intercoolers known to man ( Ebay special no cut bolt in ) I pushed this little duck to a pretty much known potential limit of the GT3576 which is 350rwkw @ 14.8 psi on E85 and taking gains everywhere of a substantial amount. Had to settle back to 346rwkw for some consistency  

The power output on the street is blistering night and day difference and really letting the crappy cooler do the best it can and I’m actually impressed it went so far. That said a large amount of time went into adjusting modifiers to cope with a IAT scale that climbs as fast as the rev/speed graph in the north direction lol
Very similar to what I got on mine with the stock turbs on e85. Great setup for the street imo only once you're changing to fourth you're asking for more power which is way too fast for the street anyway

Yeh Biz 

Yeh nice one @Lennox, got a Dyno sheet to Geez at ? What mods?

Very true, short shift whilst spinning 1-2-3 snatch 4th and you’re doing Jail time speed on the streets ! Would have a solid 11.5 in it I think 

Yeah I'm hoping for a mid 11 - tried to get it a few months ago but broke my tailshaft after 1 mild pass. Went 12 flat walking off the line no effort though.

Plaz 800hp cooler kit, ebay special cold air intake, 1000cc injectors, walbro 460 in the big drop in pod setup, venom cat, built zf, built tailshaft.

ac5b7b4f159b2a423a5d9e2859e26c6b.jpg

Graphs look very similar hey 

the tailshaft was my concern also and it’s the reason my blue and red lines are so close at the start of my run as I just didn’t want to snap the customers tailshaft on the Dyno loading it up for the final run 

it’s a nice kind of aggressive the 76 on 85 :) 

Once again I cant thank mr jet for his awesome work. I've had my car tuned/looked after by Aaron for the past two years and every time he has worked on my car I can honestly say that I've been more than happy with not only his genius for the turbo falcon but his professionalism when looking after his customers is second to none! However, on this occasion, Aaron has exceeded my expectations above and beyond to a whole new level for which I am truly grateful. I can not thank Aaron enough for transforming my pride and joy into an absolute BEAST on the streets!! Car is now BETTER THAN EVER so cheers to you@Jeturbo

350kw on e85 is plenty strong. well done azz another killer job.

ps happy bday. I forgot to send n u d e s

but I did send you another pic but I was ignored. :/ 

Loving it when customers choose me for the second time around and extremely humbling to know that I’ve looked after them well enough that they come back for seconds and this is exactly what @Roo32 has done since selling his previously modified octane FG that I had done for him to get into a WRX then back into another manual FG XR6T ;)

This one was semi modified already by a workshop here in Adelaide and needing some attention is an understatement, But picking it up for a bargain this is something you consider at the start as Karl did. In short there was some “interesting” modifications that needed rectification and on the top of that an even more comical “Cam-A-Like” tune that needed the bin. 

Stripping it down and going over the whole car was the starting point which included a full engine service,gearbox,diff,cooling system and then started the hardware swop out. Out came the monza spec intercooler for a brand new polished Plazmaman 800hp core , out came the Siemens 60lb ebay knock offs ( or whatever they were trying to pass as ) for brand new KPM 1000cc streetfighter injectors. The car already had a pipe kit, street air box,full X-Force twin 2.5* system,walbro 255, actuator and one crazy port and flapper modification that was only evident how poor that was once on the dyno and a very soft clutch that might be original and hanging on for dear life lol. 

All said and done she laid down a best of 324rwkw on basically 11psi with a slight increase to 12.7psi in the mid and the graph isn’t my normal clean looking as the port work was tricky to work with to generate a reasonable result but the drivability of the car is chalk n cheese now which is the main thing ;) 

also fitted a new turbo badge as the previous owner had debadged it ..

Before 

kHZsVz.jpg

wZ8loc.jpg

Derp lol ( yeh all just hanging in the breeze ) 

IS3qhm.jpg

AFTER 

UCtjzy.jpg

O4HxQy.jpg

tOXQwL.jpg

MzzD5T.jpg

OhAuwn.jpg

Nice work big fella. It's all ways good to give ya self a challenge every now then and this one looks like it was just that.

You'll always have return customers, ya have the passion for the barra turbo platform which gives people confidence that there car will be in good hands.

Hey Jet,
Any news on the haltech plug in job for the FGs? Last I heard they were still sorting out a few things. Haven't been able to get through to them this week but thought you might be in the loop.