JETURBO

Jet's Tuning (Oh No)

welcome back azza missed you xo

8 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

Nah, I like having a car I'm not tempted to mod - means my money goes into my house instead of my car haha.

this is my problem, wasted money on the car not on the house.

9 hours ago, Ford Freak said:

this is my problem, wasted money on the car not on the house.

Problem is though, the whole time I'm doing things up around the house I'm not paying any extra off the mortgage :ermm: Is making the house a whole lot nicer though, so there's that at least.

yep im with ya. I do try put some into the mortgage when I can though. every bit helps surely :/ currently saving for a new hot water then onto the kitchen is next. 

plus im constantly on carsales looking at cars I want too

I need help

Edited by Ford Freak

big thanks to my man @JETURBO for hooking me up with a new venom dump and cat. super fast delivery to melb and was in the car only a day later.

havent got any pics yet sorry but the quality sh*ts all over the xforce I had :/ 

I re tuned my ute back to 98 from e85, chucked my stock exhaust back on and swapped back to the baby turbo. sounds heaps better now.

must say ive really missed the quick aggressive spool from the baby turbo. on 98 its super fun. 

thanks for everything azza love you

ps. a brake package is on the cards next mate and some shocks.  

No worries Trent ya pelican lips :sarcastichand:

Wayne has decided that he wants to go and do a few laps of our local racing circuit and being that the falcon is less than dynamic around the bendy stuff it was time to get her in some form so it could at least be enjoyable on a very amateur end of the spectrum 

Something new for the falcon was a set of MCA coilovers and there’s definitely teething issues but seem ok, probably wouldn’t give them a recommendation unfortunately but that’s what he wanted. 

Next up was my brake package with a higher spec pads to suit the absolute best the standard callipers can handle in regards to intentional heat management and of course the little things that make a brake installation correct regarding all the preparation that’s required for setting up new components for life that many just don’t do ! 

DBA T3’s all round 

DBA SP650’s all round 

and some spanky new fluid that I’m trying out 

knocked out a major service of everything and lastly had the car on the Dyno for a solid check over of all vitals that you would expect to see being tested under racing conditions. This car was tuned by me almost two years ago in two weeks time and she rolled up 294rwkw then and smacked down a tidy 293rwkw now..... that’s what I like to see :locomotive:

NmahRD.jpg

admgOR.jpg

C8aUAp.jpg

qCBHRs.jpg

solid job to still be putting out the same power :) maintenance FTW!

also should be a bit of fun on the track; make sure he video's it and allows you to post it here :)

Yeh their a full rear combo but honestly they’ve not done enough R&D as it touches on the lower control arm ( imho ) but they probably disagree

The standard spring rate is to aggressive and caused a failure pretty quickly so that’s why it’s now got a king spring in it 

look some might love them I just don’t when I know the quality of a proper coilover like shockworx compared to this jap spec generic coilover they’ve made suit a falcon ..... 

4tEClj.jpg

VPNLlT.png

Edited by JETURBO

only lost 1kw over 12 months haha that's alright ey

keen on that brake package soon ol mate

not a fan of the mca suspension. are they cheap like xyz or something ?

the mca stuff is supposed to be very good.

there’s a reason they win open class at world time attack every year in a 180sx.

but as jet said, not enough r&d done here.

I dont know why they though they could make the rear setup a combined unit.

just a shame really as if mca had put some time and effort into developing a quality replacement setup, without trying to make it coilover front and rear, I believe they could have produced a product on par with the shockworks kit.

The MCA stuff is probably ok in a 1300kg rice burner not a 2000kg tank haha

not to mention most cct dominated track event vehicles are “typically” kitted out with these ;) 

DG5’s and have arguably the best reputation for coilover suspension 

YvWfQN.jpg

Had a couple in lately but these two I can post about and this poor old black duck which is actually a FG XR6T 50th anniversary model was modified and tuned somewhere interstate ( NFI who or where ) as Ryan bought it as is with no hand controllers or any information.....

dumped a latest strategy into it to clear the masterpiece of a tune it had ( caugh caugh :ermm: ) only after giving it one run to see what it was making/doing as it was running like a bag of dicks in a lesbian rally 

sorted out the hardware issues and got her up and going on 98 fuel and 15.5psi to generate 314rwkw with some big 20’s rolling up back 

literally chalk n cheese to drive from beforehand and one happy customer 

plazmaman 700hp cooler kit 

Bosch raw 1000’s 

Xforce 4* full SS system 

Plazmaman 4* race intake 

battery relocation kit 

it’s the first time I’ve ever had to tune one of these though.... who can spot what it is .... 

Apparently it’s all in the hum and blow xD 

OuI4tY.jpg

vFWroE.jpg

8todzs.jpg

Red previous tune 285rwkw , Blue mine 314rwkw and only 1 extra psi at the start 

uaMH0o.jpg

Then onto Dwayne’s FG XR6T A6 

Dwayne is in the more “mature” demographic and requires more subtle mods and I delivered for him 

Plazmaman 800hp kit in raw 

K&N panel filter with modded air box 

KPM1000’s 

Venom bolt in cat section 

JuNBL rear muffler 

intake muffler delete 

new spec plugs

chemically cleaned TB

manifolds torqued to spec 

Genuine turbo petrol filter 

98 fuel 

297rwkw on 14.5psi , at the limit of the factory fuel pump so that’s why it ended short of 300rwkw as we all know the factory FG pump is out of flow at 300rwkw with nothing in the return line ;) 

otivuX.jpg

SRCKl3.jpg

zB0lni.jpg

yer I had to move a fellow work mates ute once that had one fitted. effin took forever to work out. only 45 minutes to get it going.

yep we didnt realise you had to do the old blow n hum at the same time ffs. 

Gday mate. Have a question for ya. Mate at work has a 08 CJ lancer and the car will not start. Came up with p0513 immobilizer. I have had a look at many forums and they say to bypass the immobilizer for a cheap why of fixing it. Bloke has no cash. Change pins 22 to 8 in the ECU. Ever heard of doing something like that?
Any info would help if ya have a clue on these crap cars.
Cheers man.

Unfortunately I have zero interest in lancers so I couldn’t even guess if I wanted too 

do you have my phone number still ?