Fpv F6 Mods

marknhli

• Member For: 11y 3m 10d

Hi Guys,

Firstly apologies if already covered.

Sold my Bogan special and proud owner of a 2010 F6 auto. Only had my F6 for little under a month but I must say it is twice the car my SS was. Looking to start modifying the f6 mid to late this year and aiming for 360+ rwkw (obviously more is a bonus). Spoken to a few well known performance places in Melbourne and the average price to get to my goal is $8k-$10k. I trust that they will do a great job but I just believe its achievable at a cheaper price.

Eg. FG F6 with a flash tune should see 290-300rwkw and sets you back $1.5k.

Don't see how it would cost another $8k-$9k for an extra 60rwkw??

This is my first ford, don't know anything about them so apologies in advance.

Anyone able to give me a list of what is required to get to my goal and estimates on price? Obviously things like turbo mods and tune will be done by tuner. Just want know what everyone thinks so I can make my mind on whether I can save a few $$ by buying parts and fitting (mechanic friends) myself and going to the tuner for turbo mods and tune will work out cheaper? Anyone think I should just let the tuner do it all? Price isn't an issue just like all, if money can be saved, why not!

Lastly, the car needs to be reliable as I drive to Adelaide and back on a monthly basis.

Thanks for you time reading and appreciate all responses.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 28d

Have a read through the 300kw and 400kw sections also to get an idea of whats required for high 300s.

If you can pick up second hand parts like cooler and exhaust/dump it will be a lot cheaper.

Check the classifieds section regularly.