Recommended Tuner / Workshop Act

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 9m 6d

Falcon - if you're worried about being defected, go and speak with an engineer before you mod your car.

I have spoken with Ray Spence from Canberra Motor Works in Mitchell and in my discussions with him, he has advised that in most instances if the vehicle can pass an emissions test (the closest testing facility is in Penrith), than the vehicle would be engineerable. (Things like intercoolers with plumbed back BOVs can be listed as being aesthetic mods.) Upgrading your turbo and/ or exhaust can be a little bit more problematic, with noise and emissions restrictions.

If you don't wish to engineer your vehicle, the best advice I can provide is to ensure your vehicle is not TOO LOW or TOO LOUD. These two things alone will ensure unwanted attention from the popo and local RTA inspectors.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 15d

Thanks,

I am in NSW so I need to get an inspection done each year. I think I will speak with the guy doing the inspection and see what he will pass and what he wont. This seems to vary between places that do inspections.

• 2 weeks later...