Recommended Tuner / Workshop Act

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 4d

Right so everything's all fixed now. I would say that I'm very happy with southern diffs, he knew what he was talking about.

I got the uni replaced first because I had mangled it a bit putting it back in. charged me less that what he quoted because the tailshaft was out of the car already, which is some nice honesty even if it was only $70 worth.

Got the tailshaft balanced, and he had said worst case $600 and it came back at $350 which was good again, took it for a street bash and everything's fine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 5d

Southern Diffs are good. I got my true Trac put in by them. Other places had quoted me upwards of 3500 for just the true Trac. They quoted me 2700 with diff bushes as well!
Ended up costing about 2600 I think?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Paging @El Andrew and any other Canberries.....

What sort of rep does ESP Racing have on the barra scene these days? Not so much with customer service and pricing, but the tuning side itself

cheers 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

I spoke to them when I first looked at getting the BA tuned but wrote them off on the first phone call. At that stage I just wanted a tune on stock injectors to suit my cat. They said I needed to buy 1000cc or it would blow.
When I said I just want it tuned safe on factory injectors they said the car will make whatever it wants to make, then you chuck in injectors to suit. But that might have been sales pitch more than actual idiocy, so I can't really comment on how good they are when they actually sit down with the lappy and the dyno.
Out of the places I've spoken to, Jake's Performance seemed sensible and knowledgeable.
Quite a few people here recommend CMS as the nearest decent tuner! I've seen a couple of high boost low power grenades getting around Canberra.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

thx mate

to clarify, I'm looking at a ute that was put together and tuned by ESP...has an atomic motor and all the good bits, just wondered what they were like as tuners