Recommended Tuner / Workshop Act

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Yea I wasn't going to post up until it was all sorted. The fuel pump in the surge was making weird noises and so is being replaced by PW but been screwed around a bit and car's going back thursday morning.

Was told 295 was the most that could be had before it started leaning out. Couldn't throw any more boost or timing at it. They weren't sure if the pump was actually faulty or just making noises but given that pump is capable of over 400rwkw on 98 I'm hoping that's the problem.

The car feels great to drive. Afr's are spot on 12 the whole way through and its running about 14.5psi tapering to 10, the only reasons I wasn't happy with the result was that as Bullet said a similar car with only a catback and valve springs over mine made almost 30rwkw more, but we'll wait and see

Will let you know how things go Thursday

• 8 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 4d

Hey all,

So I've buggered up balance on my tailshaft changing the bearing. Pretty much I've just put the uni yoke on in the wrong spot because I forgot to mark it. I am going to try fix it one last time tomorrow because I can see where my copper hammer knicked the shaft getting the yoke off so it might be that simple.

My question is who knows who knows where I can get it rebalanced in one of the flash machines that only require the tailshaft? I can't really drive because I can't get over 50kmh, so far-

Ford recommended southern diffs in Phillip because he has the machine that can balance it out of the car but I think he's closed over the Easter period so I haven't heard from him after calling all day.

Ford estimated 2 hours (280) doing it in the car, but they weren't 100% and didn't want to waste my money in case it blew out, diff doctor for the same said 600.

Other than that it's just been shops telling me to call other people in search of that machine.

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 8m 17d

Pretty certain M&A Engineering in Mitchell don't balance tailshafts. If you are on the Northside, you could try BERCO Engineering (6241 6666), in Mitchell.

Otherwise, as you have stated there is Southern Differentials and the Canberra Driveshaft Centre in Phillip (6281 6192).

Let us know how you go, as I am just about to (finally) have mine strengthened in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 4d

Thanks for the replies guys, one shop suggested M and A and then they said to ring ford, southern diffs are definitely closed until Monday, so I'll be waiting until then I think, got halfway through moving the yoke around so I might finish that tomorrow if I get a chance.

I am on south side so for the purpose of convenience I will wait until Monday and go from there and let you know how I go with southern diffs at the least.

Edited by T-Rex

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Pretty certain M&A Engineering in Mitchell don't balance tailshafts. If you are on the Northside, you could try BERCO Engineering (6241 6666), in Mitchell.

Otherwise, as you have stated there is Southern Differentials and the Canberra Driveshaft Centre in Phillip (6281 6192).

Let us know how you go, as I am just about to (finally) have mine strengthened in the next couple of weeks.

What shaft did you decide to go with and whose going to fit it?

• Boost Addict

ESP have recommended a one-piece tailshaft, but I am not certain who is fabricating them?

Other than that, I am just waiting on a quote from Brad, for a Phase 2 998 GT-A rebuild.

I should know more in about a week.

• Boost Addict

Yeah, most are upgraded centre bearing and a chrome moly sleeve. I understand they might have had a few issues with driveline shunt with some two-piece shafts?

The plan is to rebuild my engine block, so I can retain the engine numbers, but I guess it will all come down whether or not the block passes muster. Yeah, the wick is being turned up to 11.....lol