Recommended Tuner / Workshop Act

• Member For: 11y 3m 5d

I just brought a xr6 turbo 2005 mk2 6 speed and I getting bored of the stock power so I was wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on where to get a tune and story's good or bad where to go or not I'm a 3rd year mechanic and I can do almost all the work myself in the modding department

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 8m 17d

Welcome Wiilloughby,

If you are thinking locally:

Glen @ ESP Racing in Queanbeyan (02 6299 4444) tuned my BF Turbo; and,

Kit @ Gentech Performance in Mitchell (02 6241 0577) tuned MCINNES' FG G6E Turbo.

However a lot of Canberra guys make the trip to Sydney to have their cars tuned,

as the prices are more competitive and their experience is second to none.

If check some of the forum's sponsor pages you may find one you like.

Let us know how you go, when it's done.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 10d

Welcome mate!

As mentioned the 2 tuners above are probably the only 2 I'd look at in ACT.

Just have a read around though. Being a BA MKII you have skinny rods and crap valve springs so a safe power will only be about 280rwkw. Anything more it will still go but may be a ticking time bomb. At least you got the 6 speed, your all good there lol

Jump in the spotted in canberra page and show us your ride. We're organising a meet for a couple of weekends time, the more the merrier

• Member For: 11y 3m 5d

Thanks guys I'm hoping for around 300+ rwkw I'm upgrading to nizpro valve springs in about 3 weeks and I didn't know about the skinny con rods:( iv done so much reading on what to look for and what's good and bad lol but from what I have read in the 300kw club a hi flow cat and bigger injectors will get me there with a tune

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 10d

For BA make sure you include fuel pump and as your already doing valve springs. Also cut open the bottom of your air box n put in a k n n filter and yea 300 is all yours.

But be careful cause you will need a new clutch at some point and eventually the motor will go bang.

Maybe worth looking around for a 06/06 bf or newer. In the long run you're better off if you want to mod

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 8m 17d

I haven't personally had my car tuned by Jake. However, I do know he tuned Mick from the Impound's Built BA Turbs, which runs a precision turbo GT42 equivalent. The car made just under 450rwkw's at the Gentech Dyno Day and while the owner was hoping for more, it's still not a bad effort, considering Falcon Turbo's aren't Jake's bread and butter.

The Falcon - What you running?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 6d

I had my car tuned at Gentech. The guy who tuned mine was kit. They did an awesome job on it and I'd recommend them anyway for a tune.

As Bellato said, we're heading out for a cruise on the 3rd or March (correct me if I'm wrong haha). So you should read up on the spotted in Canberra for more deetsmon that. You should come :)!

• Like 1