G6Et First Tune

Stigmata

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 16d

Hi Jim

I will let you know how this GTX76 goes. Im a bit perplexed about the 76 vs 82 aswell. I will have to have another chat with Bill at ATS about the GTX snails. One thing I am concerned about with the garett is the small diameter turbine shaft, probably why you see so many 35's with the turbine wheel fallen off!! I hope the GTX has a larger shaft, as hanging a 700+hp compressor wheel off the same 35 shaft wouldnt be good? Hopefully the GTX is upgraded?

The VL was and still is a great car. A freind of mine has a real nice Calais with stroked LS engine big cam etc, its a very tough ride. I seem to be only one of a couple of us out of all my mates who went down the turbo route after playing with V8's in the early days. Everyone else is still into the big cube 8's which are tough as with a few of them running 550+ cube engines plus boost.

Im hearing you, I miss my XY 351 fairmont, wish I still had that, it would be worth a pretty penny now!

I should spend my time and money on building a time machine instead!! Hmmmmm, I could go back to a time when my wife was still human! LOL

Kind regards Jon

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Just incase your intrested julian writes for zoom and works at autospeed so still kicking around !!

Go the 76 as its had a few good responses so far

Fairly sure its reeled off 400+ rwkw at a touch over 25psi

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 10d

Just incase your intrested julian writes for zoom and works at autospeed so still kicking around !!

Go the 76 as its had a few good responses so far

Fairly sure its reeled off 400+ rwkw at a touch over 25psi

Yeah I thought he was still around.. I remember reading one of his articles but I couldnt remember where..

Gee.. 25 !! Not sure I wanna push that much air..and to be honest 400 isnt really my goal. Maybe a solid 370 with a strong bottom end and mid.

Jon do it soon mate.. Im itching to make a move..

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info and advice. Definately thinking the 76, I can always pull it off and fit a 82 later down the track if I want more. Which I probably will.LOL Tried doing a bit of reading on here last night about them. I love bigger snails with a bit of lag follow by a massive rush. But I am also loving the strong low and mid range punch of the 76, it just makes for a real nice streeter. I do miss what I could have up top with the 82 but hopefully the GTX76 fills that void for me. At the moment I am much happier with low and mid range punch than top end, which will probably change LOL

First things first though MUST DO TAIL SHAFT!!!

Its something I keep overlooking cause it hasnt failed yet, be kinda nice if someone did a change over shaft instead of a rework yours arrangement.

Will be calling ATS on Tuesday about the GTX :)

KInd regards Jon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Hi all

Just a quick update on the G6ET. After work on saturday I made a new intake elbow as the OEM plastic unit looks like a dog turd. I have also heard stories of them blowing of and putting nice dents in bonnets? I noticed when I removed it that the raised bead isnt very large, not nice above 1 bar. I made a new unit from a 3" alloy donut with a 10mm piece of flat for the map sensor. Didnt take long at all. I will have to upgrade my cold side piping to 3" now!!haha I have attached some pics

Got my ID1000 injectors on Thursday and will begin the battery relocation and drivers side air box this weekend coming. The 3.5" exhaust the weekend after that along with a 12psi W/G can. Its then back of to the dyno to see what I can squeeze out of the stock 35/76. Im not expecting much more but would think it should manage 330rwkw with better mid range due to the exhaust, shorter inatke and 12psi can. Hopefully it will hold 17psi rather than dropping off to 14.

Take care all :)

Kind regards Jon

post-55579-0-27214500-1365328581_thumb.j

post-55579-0-26214800-1365328616_thumb.j

post-55579-0-39730100-1365328703_thumb.j

• Like 2