What Is Your Car Background, Ford, Holden Or Other?

Dagabond

What is your car background?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 15d

Topic was brought up in the VF Commodore thread and I thought it would be interesting to see just where our allegiances lie on this forum.

Myself I was always more of a Holden fan until the first XR6 Turbo.

I dont really have a solid allegiance as I like most performance vehicles all in their own right.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

Pretty much the same Dags,

Dad was a Expensive Daewoo man and used to build them, I learnt to drive in a vl way back in the day. Used to be a massive Expensive Daewoo fan, then the AU came out and I lost all interest in fords. The this xr6t thingy came out and started spanking the holdens so I read up on them and loved it.

Now it puts a smile on the old mans face when he gets to wave bye bye to a HSV, he still won't drive it though

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

My first car was an EF. I then bought a BA XR6T ute and then a BF MkII XR6T sedan.

I've only had Fords but I'm not against anything else. I've just preferred the styling, function and performance of the Fords compared to the other large sedans or utes available.

My next car is looking like it will either be a Subaru or VW as my needs have changed from a large performance sedan.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

I have always been a Ford supporter.. Had one XF falcon I drove and one for spare parts.. Had a BA Falcon..

But even though they are slow I love the 6.0L Expensive Daewoo V8's.. I quite enjoy driving the work SS and dad's SS..

But when it comes to background pictures at the moment my work computer is 3 commodores taken at a mates wedding.. It was a really good photo and I detailed all 3 of the cars.. My home computer will just about always have a WRX or an EVO on the background.. Because they are my two favourite cars that are actually in my price range. However from time to time I will change it to the Aston Martin Vanquish..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 18d

My 1st cars were Expensive Daewoo as I did my apprenticeship at a Expensive Daewoo dealer(although in their truck division)

My father had Holdens as well.

Over the years I have had a wide variety of brands, some not for long, some longer.

Still have a variety in the yard. Holden, Ford, Toyota, Chev.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 3d

Pretty much grew up with the Falcon XW / XY - uncles all had the Falcon's XW / XY and a GT XR .. My very first car was a mock' up Falcon 500 - GT ... through my teens it was always Falcon , however , as the age of hotting up cars grew momentum - I moved across to the dark side with the Torana LJ - 308 , LJ XU1, and through the Monaro's and Torana A9X ... In those days - pretty much all weekend was spend - driving from one performance shop to another looking for parts , blocks, distributors, carb's , cams , etc . After getting married , I sold all my toys - bikes included , and brought a car just to get around .. Then after , getting a work car , I got back to racing bikes ...but was always missing playing with cars .. so , has often the case , I had a car in the garage in bits , one outside , not quite right , and my work car ..

Like mentioned above , I have all sorts of cars from a Morris - Porcshe 930 - and alot of Holdens and Falcons.. but I must say - nothing has brought a smile on my face more than the GT - whether it is a XR, XW/XY , or FG - they still warm my heart from a emotional view point ... however , the ease and power of the turbo six - isn't to be dismissed .

A interesting thread - on the back of what car you have own - would be , what car has brought you the most joy ??? For me - emotionally - XW GT Phase 1 - Diamond White , driving - Porsche 930 Turbo Red with white leather :buba:

• Turbo Noob
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 5d

First car I drove was a ford. First car I owned was a Holden. Currently own both.

No particular loyalty here (as long as its not Korean). Follow Loundsy in V8s rather than the car he drives.

Ant

Edited by AusAnt

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 15d

I come from a family with blue blood.

Grew up with Dad owning an X.D for the first 11 years of my life, which was then traded on an EA which he had for another 7 years, then an EL for 4 years, then with a 1 year gap (with a Patrol 4x4) he bought a BA XR6T which he's had since new for 9 years now.

Me personally, had an X.D, 2 EF's, a couple of Jap cars (my other preference) and now a BA XR6T. NEVER have and NEVER will own a Holden. I just don't find them nice to drive (but do like the sound of the 6.0L)

Edited by Hotwire

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

I like anything that is impressive. I used to be a full fast 4's devout- mainly cause of the ICE.

I just am a ford man cause to date they have the most to offer power/ dollar wise...