berry

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Got a feeling at 2.2 u dont have the boost off the line turned on in the tune

Get brucie to do it for ya next time your there

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 18d

I hope the tyres are at 22psi, and not the boost!! Hey, I thought I was the old fart around here(am 60 this year)

Used to frequent AIR all the time in the early 70s, and up till it closed. Never run a car though.

Your specs sound similar to mine. A better cooler, and bigger squirts should help. Have you got turbo mods done?

• Member For: 11y 5m 10d

According to Bruce,turbo boost is 11psi,but can be increased to 15psi once better valve springs fitted.Track was marginal however,only dragged but not fully prepped.I was caught between going up in smoke off the line or stroking it and lighting up the tyres in 2nd gear.Is 88mph terminal speed good?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 4d

I hope the tyres are at 22psi, and not the boost!! Hey, I thought I was the old fart around here(am 60 this year)

Used to frequent AIR all the time in the early 70s, and up till it closed. Never run a car though.

Your specs sound similar to mine. A better cooler, and bigger squirts should help. Have you got turbo mods done?

The only turbo mod I have is ported wastegate , which everyone has once you start increasing a lot more boos and free up the exhaust, other than that, the turbo has done over 100,000kms.

Since you have the 4 speed auto, you will need to get it built if you want it to last, they are not very strong in standard form, and a aftermarket trans cooler is a must.

• Donating Members

Just came back from 1/8th mile drags at Portland(Vic). They had 9 Doorslammers there. John Zappia won, 4.01, 184mph.

Top meeting. Even had a few Nostalgic rigs there.

• Donating Members

Yeah Jet, still run at Coonawarra I think. Never been there myself. Not interested in watching street cars drag though, like watching paint dry IMHO. Was good yesterday. Victor and Ben Bray, Peter Kapiras etc. Top line cars. One tried to have sex with the concrete barrier, but lost. Couple of Prostock style cars out of Adelaide as well. Russo funny car.