Xr6 Fg Ute Rear Speaker Trim Removal.

Hi,

I need help and photos, if possible on how to remove the rear trim in an xr6 fg ute to access the 6x9 speakers. I have upgraded the front speakers and that wasn't too hard so I'm guessing the rear trim isn't that bad. I just hate breaking things that don't have to be broken. Thanks in advance people :)

from memory, just pop the grills off (carefully as usual ) think you just push a few place holders in from the side and it should come out.

I dont think I had to remove the rest of the trim to do the speakers - it would hav been a seat out then back trim out then side trim out - if you had to do that.

being small helps

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 28d

Rockafell is on the money, just squeeze the edges together and they will come off.

I found the easiest way to replace them is to use 2x 1" 6x9 spacers stacked together to mount the new speakers.

The originals are recessed and angled towards the rear, the spacers allow the new ones to sit flush, still angled towards the rear though.

You will have to trim the original holes to get the spacers to fit, and the seatbelt mounts and panel have to be removed for access, have fun.

Awesome. Thanks heaps. Ill have a good look on the weekend after a few beers :P also have you guys ran LOC and subs? Did you amp the 6x9's if so? Do you use the LOC on both left and right and then split that up between two amps? The only bit I'm baffled about is changing the high to a low and then using the amp to turn it back to a high (for the 6x9's) am I on the right track?

Awesome. Thanks heaps. Ill have a good look on the weekend after a few beers :P also have you guys ran LOC and subs? Did you amp the 6x9's if so? Do you use the LOC on both left and right and then split that up between two amps? The only bit I'm baffled about is changing the high to a low and then using the amp to turn it back to a high (for the 6x9's) am I on the right track?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 28d

I just ran the 6x9s off the icc and use a small amp with speaker input to run a single sub. I also replaced the front speakers and its not too bad, big improvement over the std "premium" audio.