Will It Pass An Exemption For P Plates?

Bazza96

• Member For: 11y 3m 8d

Hey everyone.

Im almost on my p's and I have 10k to spend. Ive found some pretty good BA xr6t's to buy

Im not sure what the laws are in SA about the whole 125kw per tonne.

But if that was the case, then the closet I'd get to getting it would be a BA, being 240kw instead of the BF being 270.

I know people are going to say 'get a cheap car and save petrol and stuff'

Please dont tell me this, as I already have one. I simply am a ford man and have a strong urge to buy a falcon.

Now I have looked at the xr6 n/a but there is so much money in moding them for not so much power. Where as if I spend 1-2k more on getting the xr6t that'll be easier.

So if anyone has driven one after the 4th of september 2010, on there p's legally, please tell me. :)

Hey mate. I know that, ive checked that already. But im talking about the exemption.. :)

Here is the official exemption for SA.

http://www.mylicence.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/50994/MR1329_HPV_Exemption_Application.pdf

But it simply says nothing on there about 125kw per tonne, or anything. Just simply has 3 circumstances.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 7d

the 125kw per tonne doesnt exist in sa mate. fullstop- or it would have it.

are you under 25? no full licence? already have a turbo charged car? no public transport available? no other car to use that is approved?

mate you cant drive one till your on your full licence. I read it- you read it.

It says..

An exemption from the high powered vehicle restrictions may be granted by the Registrar of Motor
Vehicles. Examples of circumstances where the Registrar may consider granting an exemption include:
• To a provisional licence holder who can demonstrate that an exemption is required for employment purposes
• To a provisional licence holder who can prove they owned the high powered vehicle prior to 4 September 2010
• To a provisional licence holder who can demonstrate that the high powered vehicle is the only vehicle available
to the provisional licence holder
Now: Im not sure if all of these pointers come into place.
But I am sure, that the first point is me. And I can dam sure make the last point for me aswell..
And, im in renmark, the riverland. They're is no public transport around here mate. :\
Edited by Bazza96

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members

you already have a car- you dont htink they will check that? if you go buy one now, you dont think they will check that?

mate its plain as day- if it were that easy every p plater would do it. if that's not good enough for you, then knock yourself out trying...

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/forum/142-ford-40l-na-discussion/

I saw a na with 4.11 diff gears that went like stink off the line. would be close to a turbo to 60kmh... theres a start! :newrussian: