Straight Pipes To Replace Center Muffler - Advice Needed.

skidxr6t

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 27d

Hey,

Today I have managed to come across a new mid section for my BA xr6 turbo. It has been custom made out of an original exhaust only with the muffler removed and straight pipe welded in (so both ends will bolt straight on with six bolts in total).

The car has no other modifications and I am reading so much and getting a little frustrated that I cant actually get a definite answer on whether to do this to my car or not. Some say the ECU learns that you've done something and the car will lose power, others say the cars are having lower dyno readouts, others saying it increases it by 5-10rwkw.

I believe I have a really good piece here given that both ends of it are factory and the bends in it are also factory - something about you want some mandrel bend I read about and also about the factory bends in the exhaust being good.

I would love some advice just in general but also any ideas on the installation on this part.

Cheers,

John.

• Member For: 11y 9m 2d

I had stock middle section with muffler removed and rear section was 2.5 inch xforce twin.....was loud as the put middle xforce pice on and now its nice. also notice car went better and better fuel econamy with the full xforce system......weired