G6E Seat Longevity

Steve O

• Member For: 13y 2m 28d

Hi,

Bit of background info. I have a Ba xr6t with the full leather seat option and have found that the seats have 'softened up' quite a bit over time. This usually wouldnt be a problem but due to a protruding disc neck injury and lower back injury (kinda embarrassing for a 22 year old hah) from league I've found that over long trips I end up in quite a bit of discomfort. This is mainly due to the softness of the seats I believe as I'm fine in firmer seats.

I test drove a fully optioned Bogan special (dont kill me people) and found the seats to be excellent, much firmer and more supportive than my current car.

My question is do the G6Et seats hold up over time or will they soften up like my current Ba seats. I'm 50-50 between the two cars at the moment to be honest so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Member For: 12y 10m 19d

Hi Steve,

My g6et has done 77,000km now and I would say the seats have softened a little bit. The seats will be firmer in an Bogan special - they are meant to be. I still find the g6et seats very comfortable for any length trip.

Cheers,

ben

• Like 1

ok Thanks. I'm test driving a grey 2010 G6Et tomorrow with 40000km, sat nav and 19" alloys for 29k. Fingers crossed

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y

Mine was fine after three years and I'm not slim.

Only issue was a cracked and squeaky surround, which my old man fcked as he's got a crook back and dragged himself out of the seat the first time he drove it and cracked it. But as far as the actual seat goes it was still as comfortable as the day I bought it. :nod:

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 24d

Mine has done 180000km. The leather is worn but as far as the bolster of the seats go I think it is still in great shape. You won't get the wrap around support you get in the SS though, and the seats can be quite slippery and squeaky after a few km's.

Edited by TRA1NR

Thanks for the replies.

I had a look at one today and they seemed pretty good, better than my Ba but not as good as the Bogan special , still after looking at the car I'm sold on one and cant believe I considered the ss tbh. The car was mint today, only thing I wasnt sure of was a ticking at idle. The owner said it was injectors but I'm not 100% sure. Should it put me off the car even though its got 3 years warranty left?

Would probably keep stock for a while till any issues sort themselves then mod when I get some $$. Car was mint but spewing the buyer I had for my xr6t just decided to stop answering calls after agreeing to buy. Should have taken a deposit :fuckyou:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 22d

The other option with the seat is go to a car interior trimmer and get the foam changed. I'm sure they could bolster or put firmer foam in for you.