Pics Of Monza I/c On Ba Bf Falcon

LOWXR8

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 6d

you have plenty to learn

in what way?

with the stock tune in the ECU, data logs showing desired boost, wastegate duty cycle, barometric pressure and MAP pressure, before and after will show whether there is a difference in pressure drop or logs showing desired boost, wastegate duty cycle, MAP, IAT, ambient temp, will show a difference in cooling abilities between the 2.

Yeah what this bloke said!!!! But still trying to figure out what his talking about myself.

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

Yeah what this bloke said!!!! But still trying to figure out what his talking about myself.

sorry mate, just got carried away, I see too many people leading others astray with their comments, we all like to believe what we have is the best or does a really good job, with out data most times we are just guessing unless the mod really transferred the car.

The factory tuned ecu makes adjustments to keep things at a constant level, if the cooler allowed more air flow which would normally result in higher boost, then the ecu would adjust the wastegate to bring the boost back to the desired boost level, the same with air intake temps, the factory tuned ecu normally commands less boost at cooler temps to keep the power at a constant level, that is why with a stock car the boost will vary but the performance normally remains quite constant (with in reason)

At some stage their will be a noobie come along and read some of the incorrect comments and then head down the wrong path with their mods.

• Like 1

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

Put something shiny on= feels faster but really isnt

I remember sticking an SS induction intake on an BA XT.. Geez that thing went fast..

God I was young back then too..

• Member For: 13y 8m 8d

I was under the impression that an intercooler was a heatsink. And that the bigger the heatsink the better. I am of the firm belief that the Monza cooler is better than a stock cooler. But I am now also a firm believer that the F6 cooler is better than the Monza. But I think the Monza cooler is a good cheap upgrade when one is sticking their toe in the water. I'm sure we can all agree that it's not a step backwards from a stock BA/BF XR6T aftercooler.

Cheers

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 11d

Yeah you do, that and $5k extra and the 8 will keep up with the T!

5k? try 15...

seriously, the boss 5.4 is a boat anchor.

Edited by Panda Eyes
  • Like 1