Xr6T Idle Is Driving Me Nuts

Chemarrie

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 17d

On the other hand... You may make it worse by NOT knowing what your doing (while your learning) then it will cost you MORE in the long run... It's not a Gemini

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 23d
Very nice of you to be a jerk when someone gives constructive feedback to someone new to the forum. If those simple fixes don't work, then spend money. We all know they are the turbo 101 items we tell all new members with idle issues.

like replacing a throttle body, yep that was a good guess wasn't it?

it you were able to fix your own car then maybe your advice would be a bit more creditable, I see cars come through my shop quite often that people have been trying to diagnose by guessing which part to replace next, the op if not able to work on the car themself needs to get it to somebody who can sort it out without guessing.

Sorry if the truth upset you, but to resort to name calling is a little low isn't it?

• Like 3

• Member For: 11y 5m 5d
I had a BA MKII that when giving it wide open throttle then coming to a stop straight away it developed a really rough idle, it would clear itself. the idle was fine as long as I didnt boost it and then suddenly stop. My mechanic at the time took it for a drive and it did it,he diagnosed it as valve springs I got the springs changed and it didnt do it again. It may not be valve springs just a suggestion.

Thanks buddy, I was thinking TPS or something to do with it cause iv read u need to lubricate it I beleive and my car sat under cover for about 3-4 yrs as I moved to Perth but now I'm back in brizzy and driving it and it's a new thing that never happened in the past, just other info I had the gear box rebuilt aswell when I moved back, could the new gear box be doing it as its a auto?? Thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 15d
Thanks buddy, I was thinking TPS or something to do with it cause iv read u need to lubricate it I beleive and my car sat under cover for about 3-4 yrs as I moved to Perth but now I'm back in brizzy and driving it and it's a new thing that never happened in the past, just other info I had the gear box rebuilt aswell when I moved back, could the new gear box be doing it as its a auto?? Thanks

Couldnt answer that, your best bet is to get it diagnosed by a mechanic who knows these cars check the sponsor section for one nearest you...

• Member For: 11y 5m 5d
Couldnt answer that, your best bet is to get it diagnosed by a mechanic who knows these cars check the sponsor section for one nearest you...

thank buddy, yeh just want a rough idea if anyone knew what the problem is.. that way ill sound like I know a little about what im talking about when I go to the mechanics :buttrock: lol

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 8d

Hahaha you are funny ratter I'll give you that. How many blokes on here tell stories of spending big bucks with mechanics and tuners and come up empty handed? Thanks but I'll cover the basics myself.

Happy to pay for further diagnosis from there.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

Just some words of wisdom for you Nick...

Ratter would have to be one of the most knowledgeable and helpful blokes I think this forum has ever seen. He selflessly gives up sh*tloads of his time to help people out, often complete strangers that are on the other side of the country which negates the theory of him trying to drum up business for himself.

It's great that you want to get your hands dirty but don't be disrespectful to his expert opinion nor those of others that live and breath these vehicles, as that will more than likely result in tears.

• Like 7