Rough Idle - Have Tried Just About Everything - Stumped!

NickBA-XR6T

• Member For: 11y 9m 1d

my ba xr6t has rough idel and when you give it slight revs it goes away. is there a way ford can increse the idel speed slightly or is it a throtle body job? and are they common to f*ck up?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

u do have an idle speed nut, but 700 ish is more than high enough as some dip as low as 500/550rpm with not many issues

hey nick this is free for u so give it a bash mate

gap your plugs to 1mm even ( ull be supprised what may come of this and original gaps )

clean the t/b with nulon carb cleaner and a new rag

make sure the t/b coupling joiner isnt split ( pull it round with your fingers off the t/b )

nip up all the manifold bolts exhaust and inlet and inlet bottom half

when replacing the t/b joiner make sure u fit the t/b part first and clamp it tight then fit the crossover part.

check the bov hoses and clamps

hold your foot flat to the floor and click the key to start for 2 seconds approx ( it wont start but will crank ) then switch key back to off then foot off then start it as per normal

next up take a pick of your engine bay and post it up.....................after uve done all this

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Typically yes but in the relm of 1.1 to 1.0 I think there could be a chance to get the gaps "neater" than out the box and have nil effect but hopefully make a cleaner spark if the coil/s are dodging out for some reason

Just playing with simple ideas at no expense

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 9d

It possibly could be stuck in warm up mode. This is were the computer chokes the motor. This would explain the rough idles and the high fuel comsumption. If you had a air fuel ratio gauge you could test it.

My car sometimes does this. I have changed the same things as you but nothing has fixed it.

If you fix the problem let us know.

• Like 1